The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Monday, October 4, 2010

The Bus Stop and Clemson Homecoming

We finally got it together this year and have an established carpool with two of our neighbors. It is one of the greatest things ever!! At first, I have to admit that I was a little hesitant about the idea...turns out, I am somewhat of a control freak and the thought of letting someone else be in charge of getting my children to school on time and picking them up on time was a lot for me to swallow; but after intense counseling and some mild drug therapy I was able to let it go...okay, maybe that was a slight exaggeration, but it was hard.
Shelby and JP waiting for the bus

JP, Addi and Shelby waiting for the bus
The funny thing about that picture is that Addi's mom, Jessie, is the "bus" driver. She was the only one with a car big enough to fit all 5 children in so she drives the children to school in the morning. Addi sometimes runs over to our house to catch the bus with Shelby and JP.
Friday after we picked up Shelby from school we headed up to Clemson for our annual unofficial family reunion. This year Pratt got to go with us and we were so excited to have him!! Friday night we enjoyed our traditional dinner at Don Pablos complete with queso dip and then headed to the hotel to get some good z's for the fun day ahead. The first night Shelby and Pratt shared a bed because I thought that she would sleep pretty still and Pratt would be able to get some good sleep, and JP and I shared a bed because I knew that anyone sleeping with him wouldn't really sleep at all as he is pretty wild in his sleep. Well, turns out that neither Pratt nor I got much sleep that night because when you put someone in bed with Shelby she has to have her feet on you the entire night. She also had a bloody nose during the night because the air was so dry. Both children were wide awake and excited for the day at 6:30 so we got up and got going. After a brief meet up at Matt's apartment we went downtown to get parking and make our way to the stadium. Along the way we stopped at Bowman Field to check out the floats.
Jennifer, Shelby and Lauren in the mouth of the Tiger

JP and Shelby at the Taylor's tailgate

All JP wanted to see that day was the band. He kept talking about it and talking it about it all day. Finally the hour had arrived that the Tiger Band made it's march through campus so we ran to get a good spot when we heard them coming. I wish you could have seen JP's face. It was a mix between wonderment, awe, and terror. I don't think that he anticipated that it would be so loud. When all was said and done he said, "I only like the drums. All the rest was too loud."
Group Shot (mom, we can photo shop you in)

JP was so tired on the way back to the hotel
It was a really fast weekend, but it was super fun. The children did great and were on their best behavior. It is a special weekend for us because we know that every year we get see Aunt Sally and Uncle Jack. We also always have a wonderful time visiting with Uncle Matt, his roommates and their families!!! Can't wait for next year!!!!
This last picture has not much to do with the title of this blog, but I thought it was too cute. JP is really loving school this year and is learning so much. His teacher is really into healthy eating and the environment so he is eating a lot of food that he wouldn't touch with me and he is learning about rain forests and all sorts of other things in addition to his work that he is doing. Today he came home and made a rain forest for him and Pratt to go in and here it is......
His teacher is growing a rain garden next to their classroom and I am sure that they have been talking about it at school. It is so much fun to watch him and see him be so excited about school and talk about what he is learning.

No comments: