The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Earth Shattering

Did you feel it? It was hard to miss, the Earth shook this weekend! No really, I promise it did...well, something must have happened...here is why....

Pratt was out of town for a golf trip this weekend and when he leaves I usually try to do as much as I can away from the house and not venture into a world of the unknown, but something was different this weekend and while my house is dirty, the laundry basket is overflowing with dirty clothes, and my sink has a few dirty dishes in it; I feel quit accomplished right now.

Saturday started dark and early when JP decided at 4:45 that he need his fingernails cut and refused to go back to sleep. By the time 7:00 hit we were ready to go so after some tv time I got the children loaded up and we went to B-town Donuts-YUMMY!!!! Then, not wanting to return home just yet, it was only 9:35 after all, I got an idea to go to Micheal's (yes, the craft store). We picked up some craft stuff while we were there and when we got home we did a craft.

Shelby picked out this kit that came with paints, stickers and a wooden picture frame. She decorated it beautifully.

The finished Frame
JP picked out this little kit that has supplies in it to make 3 snowmen necklaces and 3 reindeer necklaces. He needed some hands on help, but we got it made and he wore a lot of the day.
JP's reindeer necklace
Then today, when we got home from church I needed to make some banana pudding for our church's annual Thanksgiving dinner. This is one of my favorite things to do with our church: there is food, fellowship, and fun-how can you not like that, especially the food part. Anyway, in an effort to be a less control freakish mom and more of a relaxed, let the children get involved and who cares if they make a mess mom I let them help with the stirring parts to making this delicious pudding. Everything actually went really well and there was no big mess to clean in the end!

The Banana Pudding (I know you are drooling right now and I totally get it because if you could taste this pudding you would freak out over how good it is)
You are probably thinking that there can't be more, but wait, there is!!! We usually do a thankful turkey this time of year where we add feathers to the turkey throughout the month of November with things we are thankful for written on them; well, up until this weekend I have been kind of a slacker mom on somethings so I got this great idea. While at Micheal's I got a roll of paper, some paint and some paint brushes. And this is what we have this year.....

So through out the remainder of the month I am going to write what we are thankful for on this little poster and I think that this is one we will keep because it has the children's hand prints on it. This poster may replace the thankful turkey as it will be fun to have a little timeline of how the children are growing through their hand prints each year.
And now, I am exhausted!!! I think I used all my brain power on this one weekend....time to recharge my batteries:) Hopefully by Christmas the creative juices will start flowing again.


1 comment:

Amy said...

Way to go, Kim!!!!