On July 10th Pratt left with some men from our church to go do missions work in Ringold, GA. This sweet little town was nearly wiped off the map when the Tornado Outbreak of April 2011 occurred. They had a wonderful trip and accomplished a ton on the little house they were helping rebuild.
Pratt got home on the 13th and then had his inaugural guys golf weekend tournament. While the guys were busy playing golf and watching golf (there was some big tournament on that weekend) myself and some of the other moms loaded up our children and went to the lake house. It was a blast!!! The children had so much fun and the moms enjoyed some qt in the evenings when the children went down.
We had a whole week at home together as a family and then on the 27th I hit the road for my annual girls trip. This year was a lot more subdued than in the past, but it was just perfect. We all got tons of rest and relaxation and came back rejuvenated and ready to get school prep started.
And now on to our final trip....I got home Monday from my girls weekend and then on Friday we packed up the car and made our way down to Boca to visit some dear family friends. Shelby and JP had so much fun visiting with their friends and we all are looking forward to going down again.
The four little ones enjoying an afternoon swimming in the pool. I have to admit, it was soooo nice to have a pool right there in the yard. Cheri and I hung out in the nice cool air conditioning while the kids swam. We had a perfect view of them from the dinning room table.
An afternoon of swimming will definitely wear you out so a little rest time was in order on the most comfortable lazy boy couch in the world.
And now to what brought us to Florida in the first place...Pratt had a sales training conference to go to in Orlando so we turned it into a mini vacay that started with our trip to Boca and ended with Orlando. We had such a great time, but missed Daddy like crazy.
Since Pratt was going to be in a conference all day I decided to be a brave mommy and take the children to Sea World by myself. Yes, there was a little bit of insanity in that decision, but my children are now to the age that once you mention something you have to follow through because they will hold you to it. So, Tuesday morning we got up and made our way to Sea World. Of course, we are talking about Florida in the summer; as soon as I bought our tickets the skies grew dark and the rain started falling:( We looked like a family of cookie monsters walking around in our blue ponchos all day; every time I looked at JP or Shelby I just laughed to myself.
Sea World was great!! We were fortunate enough to catch all the shows before they officially closed the park due to weather. Shelby especially loved watching the shows. She couldn't even stay in her seat she was so enthralled with it all. I just loved it!
The next day we had to check out of the hotel, but Pratt still had a full day of conferences ahead. I had hoped to take the children swimming at least in the morning, but the weather had other plans and it rained again:( So, being as resourceful as I could I decided to take the children to this fabulous mall called Mall of the Millenia. It is a super cool mall and if Pratt and I lived in Orlando we would definitely have to become a credit card free family as I know that we would not be able to control ourselves.
After a quick picture in front of the fountains we continued straight to the escalator. This by far excited Shelby and JP the most so we spent the morning walking from one end of the mall to the other and going up and down the escalators until it was lunch time.
After lunch we went back to the hotel, packed up the car and made our way to Downtown Disney. It was so much fun to go back there and just walk around. It made me super excited for our next family trip to Disney. There is no telling when that will be, but I know that we will have tons of fun.
We finally got home Wednesday night around 9 and I was so glad to know that we are going to be here for a while. I love, love, love traveling with my family. The children always do so well and it is great to have that family time.
No comments:
Post a Comment