The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

One Way to Survive


We all cope with changes in life differently.  Some live in denial, some face the change head on, others pout and complain, some try to recreate the "good old days"; me, it depends on the change as to how I respond, but in the case of my children growing up and gaining independence I have gone the route of a little bit of everything.

There are days where I live in denial and try to keep them little, there are days where I embrace the change as good and look forward to all the fun things to come with older children, sometimes I have been known to pout and complain about it (shocking, right?!?!?!) and then there is recreating the good old days and we have done just that....

Baby Reed #3 will be coming sometime in early October!!  We are so excited to have this precious gift and look forward to getting to meet her very soon.  Yes, I said her!  We went against our norm and found out that we are having a baby girl. 


The children are excited.  They are asking tons of questions, some of which are easy to answer and others that aren't so easy but each question proves to be a good time for teaching them.

JP goes back and forth about whether he thinks this is a good idea or not, especially since we found out it was a girl.  One day he is hugging on my ever growing belly saying how much he loves the baby and then the next day he is upset that the baby is a girl.

Shelby is eagerly awaiting baby girl's arrival.  She is looking forward to helping, but has made it quite clear that she will not change any diapers.


No comments: