Well, here we are, the Reed Family in all its glory. At the request of some friends we have decided to start a blog. I am sure that sometimes it will be kept up to date and others it will fall away as one of those projects that you mean to keep up with, but never seem to find the time. Of course, most of the postings will be about my two precious children and then occassionally I am sure that my husband will grace the post with an appearance or two. I guess the best place to start is with today.
Today started out great as it was the first day in over nine months that I got to stay in bed until 8:00am. JP, who is usually up around 6/6:30 decided that he needed some sleep!! What a wonderful way to start your day. Pratt got up with Shelby and I just laid in bed until the little man was up. After that I had a wonderful massage at Hampton Lake. It was fabulous!!!! Seriously, if you have the opportunity, you have to go and have Diana give you a massage. After that we just spent the day at home.
One cute story from today, JP is our little dancing man. It doesn't matter what he is doing, who is holding him, or where the music is coming from; as soon as anything with a beat hits his little ears he starts swaying side to side. It is so funny. So, today Pratt and I were watching Grey's Anatomy and everytime any background music came on there was JP just swaying to the music. It was so cute. He also laughed anytime that anyone on the show laughed. He would look at us with his mouth wide open and let out this cute little somewhat fake laugh. We got a kick out of it.
Also, one story from Shelby....Last weekend I took the children to Clemson for our annual family Homecoming Clemson Celebration. It is a great time with family and friends. Both kids were such troopers as they got limited sleep and expended tons of energy. Well, my sweet Shelby, who didn't nap all day Friday, proceeded to get up on Saturday morning at 4AM!!! She went all day. I wish that you could have seen her at the football game. She sat so tall and proud in those stands inbetween Grandpa and Uncle Dave. She would occassionally give out a "Go Tigers" cheer and also say "E-m-s-o-n T-i-g-e-r-s! Fight tigers, fight tigers, fight, fight, fight." It was too cute. Anyway, after going all day long as strong as she could go, later that night she looked at grandma and said, "Grandma, my feet hurt." And right fully so, she walked nearly the whole day all around because she knew that if she even stood still for one second she would find herself fast asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment