A few weeks after we got back from that trip Aunt Lala and Uncle Matt came home from Clemson. Shelby and JP always get so excited when they are here. This particular weekend we took a trip around the lake at Hampton Lake. I don't think that Hampton Lake will ever be the same. We definitely got rocking to some great music and made a little noise. It was the most beautiful day. Those electric boats that they have out there are great (I think that they are called Duffies). Shelby and JP can get down and move around and plus the grown-ups have just enough room to "bust a move." At any rate, there is never a dull moment when you are hanging with my family and it was a great afternoon of enjoying each other and God's beautiful creation.
What October is complete without a little pumpkin?? We made our annual trip to the pumpkin patch at Cahills. The first time we went it was just me and the kiddos. We met some of our friends there and just hung out for a little bit. It was hard to get any good pictures as there were plenty of distractions going on. I put JP down in the hay for a little bit to try to catch a few pictures of him enjoying the festivities, but he was a little unsure of what was going on. It was so funny to watch him try to figure out what the hay was. Shelby and Daddy also took a special father/daughter trip to the pumpkin patch. Shelby loves her daddy and really loves spending special one on one time with him. We also had a pumpkin painting party at our house one afternoon. While it was a good idea in theory, none of the kids were too interested in painting anything (I know, weird....all that paint and no takers!!!). They just wanted to run around and munch on some of the yummy snacks.
Finally, the best part of this October....our annual family trip to Clemson Homecoming!!!! What a fabulous time!!!! I can't even begin to tell you how great Shelby and JP were. They went on minimum rest and didn't fuss once. Friday night we had our traditional meal at Don Pablos. Saturday was packed with food, family, football, and fun!!! Shelby got up at 4 in the morning with her grandpa and JP and I followed shortly after at 5. We made our way to Clemson with a few stops for potty along the way. This was JP's first trip and I think that he is hooked! Shelby of course is our little tiger. She was so excited. It was the cutest thing to see her sitting in the stands between Uncle Dave and Grandpa eating Puffs and cheering. She would yell, "Go Tigers! L-E-M-S-O-N Fight tigers, fight tigers, fight, fight, fight!" Of course everyone got a kick out of that. We were exhausted by the time we got home on Sunday, but it was great to see Aunt Sally and Uncle Jack, Uncle Sam, Uncle Dave, and 80,000 other of our closest friends.
Well, that is all for now. Tomorrow is Halloween and Shelby is going to be Cinderella and JP is going to be a pumpkin. I am sure that I will have plenty of pictures to post for that.
1 comment:
Good job with the pictures!! :)
Love you!
Post a Comment