The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Around the home front

This week has been a fun week. Sunday we went to church, lunch, and then raced home to watch the ACC Championship game because Clemson was in it. It was the first time since 1962 and I wasn't going to miss it for the world. Well, unfortunately for us, Clemson didn't bring their A game that they had when the beat Duke the night before. They played well, but they definitely didn't play up to their potential and we fell short of victory by 5 little points. I can't even tell you how close we were...just a few more free throws or a few more threes made and we would have had that one in the books. Oh well, hopefully we will bring in the NCAA!! GO TIGERS!!!

On Monday, JP and I took Shelby to school and then came home for a little bit before we went back to get her. Since I have really been craving Moe's lately I called up Leslie and her girls to see if they wanted to meet us there and we had a nice little lunch together. All the kids behaved so well. Everyone was nice, well, for the most part. Shelby had a few moments of not so niceness, but all in all I would say that it was very fun! We just spent the rest of the day around the house.

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are always busy days for us, but they are great days. Everyday is a great day, don't you agree? There is always something that we can praise God about each day, even when Shelby doesn't want to get dressed or eat that or do this and JP can't get food into his mouth fast enough.

After nap time on Tuesday I took Shelby and JP for a bike ride. It was so much fun. Last time I attempted to take them for a bike ride by myself JP ended up biting Shelby and they both cried the whole time. This time they got along great and we had an enjoyable time out with God's creation. When Pratt got home he asked Shelby how her day was and what she did at school that day. This question is always a mystery to us as she never tells us what she did, well, that all changed as her reply to Pratt's question was, "I did paper work." What!!! Paper work!!! Does she even know what that is in adult world? We got a great kick out of that!!

JP has taken a liking to carrying everything in his mouth. It is so funny and he looks like a little bull dog. In this instance he came around the corner with on of Shelby's rain boots in his mouth. Thankfully I had my camera on hand and got a picture of it.

Shelby's new thing this week is to take every single toy out and put it in her bed while she is supposed to be napping. I have had to take her books away from her for a few days as she has been ripping them and I guess in protest she has taken to destroying her room. I think that she truly is starting to drop her nap. The time between days that she does nap is getting longer and longer. Oh well, atleast she will stay in her room for a couple of hours for "rest" time.
This is what Shelby's bed looked like when I got her up on Tuesday and this is what her toy bin looked like. I had to laugh to myself. There is never any guessing what goes on those tiny little heads!!
Today after CBS we headed over to Sheila's house for our first Easter egg hunt this year. It was so much fun. All the kids sat around and ate lunch, well, sort of and then they begged and begged for us to let them find the eggs; so we gave in and let them. What a beautiful day and the kids had so much fun running around. It was amazing how great they were with each other. As far as I know, there was no fighting over eggs and Neely gets the sharer of the day award as she graciously and without having to be asked shared her eggs with Avery. It was such a sweet sight.

Shelby, Emily, Eliza, Neely and Avery...I can't even believe that we got them all lined up and somewhat smiling for a picture. They were all a million miles a minute running all around.

JP had a great time too. He really wasn't into the egg thing at all, but you would think that he had been in a cage his whole life the way he was running from here to there and wandering all over the place. I could hardly keep my eye on him. He literally ran and ran and ran. What a big boy!!!

No comments: