The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Palm Sunday


Last Sunday was Palm Sunday! Can you believe that Holy week is already here? I know that I sure can't, but what a blessed week!! This year we decided to start a new tradition at church and have the children help us usher in this wonderful week. All the children got to wave palms as they walked through the church during the first few songs of worship. It was such a wonderful idea and so I signed Shelby up. I thought that with all of her best buds participating and if I walked with her that she might do it, well, once again, Shelby proved to me that she was going to do what she wanted to do and so we just sat and watched. It was the sweetest sight to see all these sweet children that we have known since birth walking around the church. My eyes welled up with tears as I thought about the love that Jesus has for them and that they are being taught about Jesus at such a young age. Here is a picture of some of the kids at the front of the church.



Shelby did enjoy watching everyone march around waving their palms, but was very much content to just sit in my lap. What a sweet time for me to cuddle with my baby girl who is growing so fast and not be distracted with the demands of other things. She was so well behaved that we let her stay with us until the special children's story and children's church. I asked her if she wanted to go to the front to hear the special children's story and didn't expect to get a yes since she didn't want to do the other, but to my surprise she said yes and we walked...she walked by herself holding my hand....up to the front. I was shocked first off that she wanted to go up front, then doubly shocked that she didn't make me carry her. It is a small glimpse into our near future of her.



After church we went to none other than Hampton Lake. I really do just love going there. What a wonderful family atmosphere and the food is really good too! This week we met Papa and Grammie for a little lunch. They will be out of town for Easter and wanted to give the kids their Easter baskets. It was great to be able to see them and chat as they are always so busy and Grammie had been under the weather. Shelby loved her Easter Basket and is still decorating it with the stickers. JP really loved his Snoopy and spent most of the lunch "talking" it up with him. It was so cute. He would hold Snoopy right in front of his face, say a bunch of baby jibber-jabber and then take a huge bit out of Snoopy's nose. I couldn't help but look on with great love and joy over that sweet baby boy!!! This picture I got as we were leaving. I was really quite surprised that Shelby turned around and actually smiled for the camera while looking at it. Most pictures you catch the side of her face as she is turning away or she gives you this look of dread, but well, this picture just speaks for itself....

















No comments: