So two weeks ago (I know that I am a little, well, a lot behind on this, but better late than never) we went to the mountains with Meme, Aunt Suzy and Uncle Patricio for a little family weekend getaway. What a wonderful and relaxing time!!! We went to Boone, NC and it was just beautiful up there. It was my first time and I really look forward to visiting there again.
While we were there we ate, watched tv, looked at the mountains, ate, went to Tweetsie Railroad, slept, ate, climbed Grandfather Mountain, played at a fabulous playground, ate, oh and did I mention that we ate??
Unfortunately since it has been so long since the trip I can't remember too much of anything funny that the kids did even though I know that they did plenty of funny things. There is one little story about Shelby that I am still trying to figure out. Maybe you can help me with this one...The first full day we were there we took the children to Tweetsie Railroad. It is like a little theme park for children. They have a real steam engine train to ride, a carousel, a farris wheel, and other little rides like that. Thankfully JP is kind of still to little to protest much and I made him ride the carousel with me; Shelby, on the other hand, would have nothing to do with any of it. Finally just as we were about to leave we picked her up and before she had time to protest got her on the train for a quick ride before we left. She rode the whole time with her hands covering her ears cuddled up in her daddy's lap. She really is a very cautious child and doesn't explore too much and prefers to watch alot of times over participating. Here comes the baffling part. The next day we went to Grandfather Mountain. It was so beautiful. They had a little animal exhibit with bears, cougars, eagles, deer, etc. We walked around that a bit and then went up to the top of the mountain. At the top they have a swinging bridge that you can cross and then this rocky ledge that you can climb up to get a little higher and have a wonderful view for miles and miles (on a very clear day you can see the Charlotte Skyline). Anyway, we get up there and Shelby doesn't even think twice about walking across that bridge and climbing out on those rocks!!! Seriously, I couldn't believe it. I thought that I was going to have a panic attack walking across the bridge and she did like she was walking down the sidewalk in our neighborhood. Go figure....
Okay, for some reason I can't upload pictures right now so I am going to try that in a separate post.
No comments:
Post a Comment