So, what have we been up to? Maybe a more fitting question would be what haven't we been up to. There is so much going on right now that it is just crazy. The weeks fly by...here it is days from October and I still am not sure what to do about Halloween for the children. Most of the time during the week is spent doing "mommy" things: ie-taking Shelby to school, picking up Shelby from school, grocery shopping, cleaning dishes, making lunches and sometimes dinner (props to me and Pratt for going on week three of eating in!!!), doing laundry, trying to keep the house clean, paying bills, CBS, changing diapers, chasing JP down from where ever he has climbed up, etc. It is so much fun!!! I really do love being at home with them. Oh, we also have to throw in buying presents and going to birthday parties. In one weekend we went to three parties and that just about wore me out to the point of no return, but is was great.
JP is trying so hard to talk. People often ask me how many words he is saying or what words he is saying and that is just such a hard question to answer. He is saying words, but many words anyone outside of Pratt or me wouldn't understand...does that count as saying a word? I don't know. Every time the air comes on in the house he goes, "Uh, uh! Plane, plane" and points up. It is so funny. He loves to see and hear the planes flying around and any noise that comes from the general up direction must be a plane. Of course he still loves to climb. About two weeks ago we were at a birthday party at a petting zoo...yes, I couldn't believe it either, but we have a petting zoo here!!! JP just took off looking at all the animals and feeding them. At one point I looked up and he was about to rocket himself over the top of a fence that was probably about 5 feet tall. And instead of rushing over there like a normal thinking mom would do I found Pratt so that he could see and then we started taking pictures...good news is that he didn't fall. Another new thing that has just started is he loves, loves, loves to sing!! Every time we are in the car he "sings" all the songs. It is so cute and my heart just melts every time.


Shelby is doing great. She loves school, at least I think she does. Here is how our conversations go when I pick her up.....
Mommy: "Hi sweetie!! How was your day?"
Shelby:
Mommy: "Did you have fun today?"
Shelby:
Mommy: "What did you do today?"
Shelby:
Mommy: "What friends were at school today?"
Shelby:
At about this point I usually give up and we ride home in complete silence. One day I was asking her questions about her day and I did finally get an answer, but she said, "Mommy, I don't want to talk about it." WHAT!!!! I didn't think that kind of response came until the teenage years!!!!

1 comment:
I can't believe JP is such a climber! Maybe Shelby is just tired after her time at school. They are so cute!
Post a Comment