He has gone tee-tee in the potty twice now. The first time was earlier this week. Every time we put him in the bath the first thing he does is christen it so I thought, you know, we need to see if he will sit on the potty and go in there. Sure enough after much wiggling around and me admitting defeat in the whole process before it really ever got started, he did it!!! I truly couldn't believe that when I put him in the tub and looked back to see if there were any surprises, there actually was tee-tee in there. We got all excited and JP just looked at us like we were a bunch of chickens running around with our heads cut off. So this morning, same thing...sat him down on the potty before going into the bath and he actually sat still this time....I don't know, maybe we have already made great strides because he didn't move at all until he was done.
Since about a week before Thanksgiving we have been so busy. Sometimes I just can't believe that here we are at the end of another year and I feel like I still have so much to accomplish before it all comes to an end. Oh well, what will be, will be. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, thanks to my super creative friend, Erin, we had a wonderful mini Thanksgiving feast complete with the Mayflower and a Tee pee. Of course one of the things I am most thankful about is my wonderful family and friends, but not to far behind that is the fact that Clemson beat South Carolina again!!!! It was great. Thanks to our wonderful family, Pratt and I got a night away and went to the game. We had such a wonderful time. It was nice to be husband and wife for a while without having to put on the mom and dad hats at all. We get bragging rights again and what really makes it great is that our super-fabulous new head coach who had no head coaching experience until about 6 weeks before that game beat the heck out of their seasoned, Heisman winning, national champ winning head coach. Nothing better than that!!!!
Since then I have been frantically trying to tie up all Christmas to dos before we got out of town next week. We are heading to CA to celebrate with Jake that he has made it through his college career!!! YAY JAKE!!! We are so proud of you. In between all that running around, we made an Advent wreath to celebrate the Advent season at home as well as in church, we have built a gingerbread house (actually Pratt and JP built it because Shelby refused to go in the room as there was a slight possibility that Santa would be there...poor little girl shook like a leaf for about 30 minutes and wouldn't let me make a peep because she didn't want Santa to hear us hiding in the corner of the other room), gone to a super fun dance party in which Pratt actually danced the entire time, went to the Bluffton Christmas parade (Thanks Rob-a-Dob and Aunt Lala for all your help with that), and celebrated my dad's 65th birhtday!!! It is just amazing all that one can cram into a day!!! Here are some pictures that we have taken along the way.

No comments:
Post a Comment