The Reed Anytime Review
Sunday, December 14, 2008
We Made It!
Well, while it is fresh on my mind, I thought that I would post about our most adventurous flight out here. I am not usually one to complain to much about flying because I really like it and I always try to go with an open mind that things probably won't go as planned and there are probably going to be delays. Can I just say that despite my willingness to be open-minded about travel, yesterday was almost enough to make me want to rent a car and drive home!!! Truthfully, it really wasn't that bad and so I am blaming part of the day on just being tired. Everything from Savannah to Atlanta went great. Once we got to Atlanta, they changed our gate two times, despite that, we did leave on time. When we got on the plane I was expecting a four hour flight, but I quickly figured out that it was actually a 5 hour flight!!! No big deal, I thought to myself. So we took off and things got underway. They passed out menus for lunch...there are no more freebies when you fly. Pratt and I talked about what to get the kids and then we waited. By the time they got to us to see what we wanted, they were out of food!!! All they had was peanuts and cookies!!! I had some snack food for the kids, but they were hungry. Poor Shelby kept saying, "Mommy, I am so hungry! Mommy, I am starving!" The thing that was so frustrating was they knew before they started doing lunch that we were back there with two children because a couple of times they said something to us about them being in their seats etc. And one flight attendant came over and told us to turn off the dvd player because "not everyone wanted to enjoy that lovely movie." Now, I am all for sarcasm, but really only when it comes from friends and is meant to be funny. Pratt decided to go up to first class to see if his dad and Sandi had anything that we could give the kids and the flight attendant up there told him that it was against the rules to allow anyone in coach to have food from first class!!! The thing is, we weren't looking for food for us, were we hungry? yes, but really we just wanted to feed our children!!! Oh the joys of flying!! I remember when they used to give everyone great meals and all children got wings and if you asked they would give you a deck of playing cards. What happened to all that great customer service??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my! What airline were you on and where did you go? Wherever you are- I hope your stay is much better than than your flight! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment