The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Monday, September 21, 2009

Two Weeks in Review

I know, I know...it has been a while since we have talked and I am so sorry. Life just gets busy sometimes and let me tell you, we have had a lot going on. Shelby and JP had their first day of school, then we left for Tennessee for almost a week and then I had a lot to catch up on from being gone for so long. This blog may be long, but it won't be because of all that I have to say, it will mostly be because of the pictures.

Shelby and JP started school on September 8th. Late, I know. Their school always starts after Labor Day and since Labor Day was a little late this year so was their first day of school. We had such a fun morning getting ready for school that day. JP was on cloud nine since he got to go to school with Shelby this year. We let them pick out what they wanted for breakfast and they settled on cinnamon rolls and ham/egg/cheese sandwiches. This was their first experience with cinnamon rolls and they ate the mess out of them!!! Great job on us...hop them up on sugar and then send them off to school!!!

Here are two pictures from that day....we have tons of pictures and I tried to pick out two good ones...

Shelby and JP showing the love.

Shelby and JP sporting their awesome school bags.
The children started school on Tuesday. We had CBS on Wednesday morning and then at 11:30 we met Pratt at home, loaded up the car and headed up the road to Tennessee. Grandmother hosts a golf tournament, The Katie P. Reed Classic, every year at the local course to raise money for her senior citizen center. This year, Pratt, John, Jake and Sandi teamed up to show all those people from TN how we play golf down here in the lowcountry. It was a wonderful trip!!! We had so much fun visiting with his family. Steve and Catherine were gracious to us and opened their home to us. It worked out great because Shelby and JP had a great time playing with Reed and Grant.

Pratt first meal at the adult table. On Thursday night Grandmother had everyone over for some her fabulous home cookin'. Let me tell you, this is some of the best food that will ever go in your mouth and what made it even better this time was that Pratt finally got to set at the adult table. I guess 9 years of marriage and two children was enough to move him on up.

I just love this picture of Granddaddy and JP, don't you!?!? JP was so excited to get to see Granddaddy's tractor and he even sat on it for a brief second.


Jake, Shelby, Papa, and Pratt....Saturday night, after the golf tournament, we all got together at Steve and Catherine's for a little grill-out and football. It was so much fun...there was target practice going on, the children running around, great weather, wonderful food, and some pretty good football that day. Shelby had a lot of fun that night playing with Uncle Jake and Papa. I just love it when she gets that belly laugh going and this night she really laughed a ton!!!
All good things must come to an end...so after church on Sunday and one more round of Grandmother's cream corn and mac-n-cheese it was time to load the car up and make the journey home. Shelby and JP really did a wonderful job in the car on the way there and on the way home. It was so much fun and I am really looking forward to the next time we can visit with our family up there again. Thanks to everyone for such a wonderful trip!!!
So, like I said, last week was spent catching up on all that there is when one has been away for so long...bills, laundry, grocery shopping, just getting back into the routine of life and getting rested from being off routine for so long. Shelby and JP jumped right back into school and are still working on catching up on sleep.

Friday night we made dinner early for the children and then had family movie night upstairs. We popped popcorn for them, sprinkled in some m&ms and watch Veggie Tales: Dave and the Giant Pickle. What a cute little movie!! I love all the Veggie Tales stuff. It is short, sweet, funny, and loaded with good lessons from the Bible. This is a picture of our little makeshift movie theater. Shelby and JP loved having their own bowl of popcorn and sat pretty well through the whole movie. They even laughed at the funny parts!!!
After we got them down for the night Pratt and I had one of our in house date nights. We had made our own little "Corks" cheese trays complete with apples and honey for dipping, and a great bottle of wine. Since I was out on Thursday night for Dana's birthday we used this time to watch some of our Thursday night shows which we are so glad to have back on the air. The Office was a little disappointing I have to say, but that new show, Community, was so stinkin' funny!!!
This last picture was just too cute to not include. Shelby and JP got all cuddly in my bed on Saturday to watch cartoons while we watched some football. Pratt and I are so blessed with these two cuties!! They are great children and they love playing together. I could just sit and listen to them all day!!!

A potty training update-we have had a break through....if JP is naked he has no problem going potty on the potty, both number 1 and number 2; in fact, he goes all by himself and then yells at you from the bathroom that he went potty, but as soon as there is something on that little rear of his you can bet that he will make a mess of it...
The other day he called to me from the bathroom and said that he made a battleship (number 2) and so I came running to help him and when I got there he said, "I made three battleships! No, that one is a fishy, that one is a turtle and that one is the battleship."






No comments: