One of the neatest things for me was to look at Shelby's work that she brought home yesterday and compare it to what she brought home the first week of school last year. What an amazing transformation in it!!! It was just really cool to see all the progress that she has made from the last year and even over the summer while we were at home. One work that she did on the easel (which currently is her favorite thing to do, yes, she is also talking a little bit more after her day then she did last year!!!) was a picture of a stick person (a girl I believe as she had on a dress), a sunshine, some grass, and a flower. She also wrote her name, my name and JP's name; then she crossed them out because she didn't want to leave out her daddy and she couldn't remember how to write his name. When she was showing Pratt her work she said, "Daddy, are you sad that your name isn't on there because I couldn't remember how to write it?" Of course he said no and that he was proud of her work; but isn't that so sweet!!! It just melted my heart that she was that concerned over hurting her dad's feelings, maybe we are doing something right after all with her:)
These are just a few pictures from the last few weeks that I couldn't resist....this is JP walking around in his daddy's shoes. We are still potty training and having good days mixed with bad. Hopefully the good days will start to out weigh the bad soon.
Of course you know I can go on much longer without saying something about Clemson Football!!!! We are only a short 7 days away from kick-off!!!! Can you believe it? I know that you are all just as excited as I am!!! So in honor of our fun filled fall approaching, here is a picture of JP sporting his Clemson shirt. My family got it for him when they were visiting Matt this summer. It is kind of hard to read, but the shirt says, "Hold on Tigers....I'm coming." and it has a little tiger dressed up in a football uniform. I just love it, love it, love it!!!
And then, last but not least. Last spring we joined a CSA (community supported agriculture) Farm. It was great. Every Friday we would get a delivery of fresh, picked that morning fruits and vegetables from a farm in South Carolina. Let me tell you, those were some of the best fruits and vegetables I have ever eaten!!! The farm (Pinkney's Produce) breaks for the summer and yesterday we picked up our first delivery for the fall season. We got peanuts, zucchini, squash, corn, field peas, banana peppers, green peppers, etc. As soon as I brought that box in, Pratt started making some boiled peanuts with our peanuts. He let them boil for at least 2 hours and then soak for at least another hour after that. Once we got the children all bathed and ready for bed we sat down together on the couch and ate a bowl of boiled peanuts together. It was a great way to end a very busy week for us....just being together as a family. One of Shelby's favoritest things on earth is boiled peanuts and I think she ate the most out of all of us.

1 comment:
JP and Shelby are getting soooo big and are as precious as ever! Thanks for sharing!
xoxo
Post a Comment