Last night was Shelby and Pratt's first official Daddy/Daughter date ever. It is hard to say who was more excited, Pratt or Shelby. Last week Pratt printed out a beautiful little invitation that he stuck in the door inviting Shelby to dinner and the Nutcracker. At first I could tell that she really didn't know what was going on, but as the time got closer and we talked more about it she got more and more excited. Last night when Pratt got home from work they got all dressed up and ready to go...a small miracle in itself that we didn't suffer through any pre-date melt downs as Shelby usually despises dressing up in anything more than a little cotton dress. I had been preparing myself all day for the battle that I was going to face getting her to put on a fancy dress, tights and pretty shoes. But God is faithful and gave us a wonderful evening of getting ready. Shelby got to pick where they went for dinner and at first she said that she wanted to go to Moe's (I know, no surprises there. That girl loves her Moe's), but I gentle reminded her that we already ate there for lunch (and not to mention that we ate there Sunday after church) and suggested that they go some place else. So she settled for Zaxby's, but Pratt said when they got in the car she pulled an audible and they ended up dinning at the ever fancy Chik-fil-A.
Once they got to the playhouse Shelby went through her normal, I don't want to....routine, but Pratt was able to coax her in. As the ballet started Shelby sat back in her chair with her hands in her hears, but as the performance went on she got more and more excited and by the end of the first act Pratt said she was standing up against the chair in front of her watching with every bit of her being.
Here are two pictures from the evening. I know that this is going to be something that Shelby looks forward to every year. Maybe I will let Pratt make a post from his perspective because I am sure that there are a lot of funny little details I am leaving out.
And on to other news.....on Sunday Pratt and I played our first ever golf round together in a little couples scramble. Since it had been probably close to 8 or 9 years since I really attempted to play golf I didn't have too high of expectation going into this. As we were warming up on the range I found that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and ended up getting pretty excited about having an afternoon out on the links with my hubby and dear friends/neighbors. We teamed up with Rob and Jessie to form "Team Sac." I have to say that we were a force to be reckoned with. Pratt and Jessie played golf in high school and Rob and I had some natural athletic ability to contribute and even though no one collected scores at the end of the day we knew that we won.
And real quick, I have to brag on myself, the last hole was a short little par 3 were you had to hit over some little marsh or something like that. Now, never ever in my very short golf career have I ever been able to get over the mental block of hitting over a hazard. Well, today was the day. I got up on the tee box, relaxed and hit that ball over the hazard, landed on the green and the ball rolled to about a 1 foot from the hole!!!! HOLY COW!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it and then I sank the putt for a true birdie!!! Watch out LPGA!!!! Here I come!!! Okay, maybe I should stick to my day job, but it really was so much fun and I can't wait to have an opportunity to play with Pratt again.
The men looking ever so intimidating....
And the ladies added some fashion and beauty to the course.....
This is kind of in a random spot, but I am having a hard time figuring out how to move pictures around. I couldn't not include this picture from Sunday morning before church. JP looked so handsome, still baby, but also so grown up at the same time.
Saturday Pratt went to Clemson for the game (which, just in case you were wondering we knocked the socks off of Florida State!!!!!) so my mom and I took the children to see Nemo on Ice. JP was so excited he could hardly stand it. The whole week he walked around saying, "I go see Nemo on Ice." over and over again. He sat in my lap at full attention the whole show and barely moved except to eat his popcorn and flash his Nemo light. It was such a fun time and I love doing things like this with the children. Of course Shelby wasn't too thrilled at first, but she warmed up to in and by the end was clapping.
No comments:
Post a Comment