In a first time for me, earlier in October we took Shelby and JP to Pinckney Island for a morning of roaming around. I really had no idea how incredibly big that place was. I thought that we would go walk around for a bit, find a nice place for a picnic, eat lunch and head home. Boy am I ever glad that at the last minute we decided to bring the stroller. It ends up, you have to walk almost a mile before you get to the first place of interest. Shelby and JP had a lot of fun and it was such a beautiful day. We didn't see too much wildlife, but it was really just nice being out as a family exploring and enjoying God's beautiful creation!!! Here is a picture of Shelby and JP looking at the water.
One weekend several of our husbands were either working or out of town so some of us got together and drove over to Ridgeland to visit a pumpkin patch there. It was the craziest thing because you literally drive up and park in these people's yard, walk around to their backyard and they had it all set up. They had a bouncy house, cornhole, horseshoes, rope a calf, John Deere tricycle race track, a rubber duckie race track, a petting zoo, and tons of other stuff. Children were $6 each and adults were $7 for the hayride that took you to this little make shift pumpkin patch were you could pick out and take home whatever pumpkin you liked. Of course Shelby had to find one of the biggest ones there and JP found one that was just right for his size. It was a great time!!! Here is a quick picture of an attempt to get all the older children to sit down for a group shot.

The weekend before Halloween our church had their annual Fall Festival. It really was such a great time. They had all sorts of little games and activities for the children to play and a chili cook off for the adults to participate in. JP was so sick that weekend so he had to miss out; but thanks to Grammie and Papa for coming over to watch him, Pratt and I got to enjoy being there with Shelby.

And now on to last weekend!!! Clemson Homecoming!!! Wow! What a fun weekend for our family! My mom, dad, sister, brother, aunt, uncle, and a cousin all get together and just really have a great time. This was the first time that Shelby, JP and I would share a room together where we were all in beds. Shelby got to have her own bed and JP and I shared a bed. They slept a little and I didn't sleep at all, but it was all good because they really behaved very well the entire trip. Unfortunately the weather did not behave while we were there and we got really wet at the game on Saturday!!! But, once again, Shelby and JP were such troopers they sat through almost the entire first two quaters in the rain before they determined that enough fun had been had. We were soaked to the bone; well, they weren't that wet because they were covered up better than I, but anyway.
Shelby wore her Clemson jersey the night before. I was totally shocked when she put it on and then wore it the rest of the night. This girl has a mind of her own. I can't tell you how many times I have tried and tried to get her to wear it and then she just goes and does it. JP had on a super cute clemson football outfit, courtsey of my friend Erin, but of course I didn't get a single picture of him in it:(

Here is me, Matt and Lauren at the bottom of the hill waiting for the marching band to come. It was so much fun and I always love going to Clemson, but I have to say that I was really ready to get home and sleep in my own bed after this trip:)

And a random story to close....there was this sweet little black kitten that Pratt had been feeding at work for nearly a week now and he finally caught it. He brought it home in a little cage for the night so he could bring it to the humane society on Monday morning. JP and Shelby instantly fell in love with this cute little ball of fur. While they were in the laundry room looking at him JP told Pratt, "Kitty name is Swan." Who knows were that came from, but they really fell instantly in love with this cat. I so wish that we could have kept it just because it brought so much joy to my sweet children, but I am so allergic to cats that there was just no way. So Monday morning came and Pratt took the cat to the doctor and when JP came home from school that day he came running up to me and asked, "Mommy, where kitty baby kitty cat?" On man, it nearly killed me to tell him that the cat was at the doctor so that they could find a place for him to live.
The weekend before Halloween our church had their annual Fall Festival. It really was such a great time. They had all sorts of little games and activities for the children to play and a chili cook off for the adults to participate in. JP was so sick that weekend so he had to miss out; but thanks to Grammie and Papa for coming over to watch him, Pratt and I got to enjoy being there with Shelby.
And now on to last weekend!!! Clemson Homecoming!!! Wow! What a fun weekend for our family! My mom, dad, sister, brother, aunt, uncle, and a cousin all get together and just really have a great time. This was the first time that Shelby, JP and I would share a room together where we were all in beds. Shelby got to have her own bed and JP and I shared a bed. They slept a little and I didn't sleep at all, but it was all good because they really behaved very well the entire trip. Unfortunately the weather did not behave while we were there and we got really wet at the game on Saturday!!! But, once again, Shelby and JP were such troopers they sat through almost the entire first two quaters in the rain before they determined that enough fun had been had. We were soaked to the bone; well, they weren't that wet because they were covered up better than I, but anyway.
Shelby wore her Clemson jersey the night before. I was totally shocked when she put it on and then wore it the rest of the night. This girl has a mind of her own. I can't tell you how many times I have tried and tried to get her to wear it and then she just goes and does it. JP had on a super cute clemson football outfit, courtsey of my friend Erin, but of course I didn't get a single picture of him in it:(

Here is me, Matt and Lauren at the bottom of the hill waiting for the marching band to come. It was so much fun and I always love going to Clemson, but I have to say that I was really ready to get home and sleep in my own bed after this trip:)

And a random story to close....there was this sweet little black kitten that Pratt had been feeding at work for nearly a week now and he finally caught it. He brought it home in a little cage for the night so he could bring it to the humane society on Monday morning. JP and Shelby instantly fell in love with this cute little ball of fur. While they were in the laundry room looking at him JP told Pratt, "Kitty name is Swan." Who knows were that came from, but they really fell instantly in love with this cat. I so wish that we could have kept it just because it brought so much joy to my sweet children, but I am so allergic to cats that there was just no way. So Monday morning came and Pratt took the cat to the doctor and when JP came home from school that day he came running up to me and asked, "Mommy, where kitty baby kitty cat?" On man, it nearly killed me to tell him that the cat was at the doctor so that they could find a place for him to live.
No comments:
Post a Comment