The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Buddy!

There is so much to blog about, but right now I am going to take time to blog to my little buddy who turns 3 today.

To my sweet JP: I can't believe that you are 3 today, 3!!! It is just crazy, happy, and sad all at once that you are growing so fast. It seems like just yesterday we were terribly sleep deprived and nothing would get you to stop crying. Now you are a happy sweet boy who is gaining more and more independence everyday. You love to be outside riding your bike and your scooter; you love to climb trees and play in the dirt. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that time would go by so fast. You are our sweet son and Shelby's dear brother. We love you so much!!!

So today is the day that JP turns 3!!! It is just amazing that he is 3! I think that if I say it enough it will sink in; but also, the more I say it, the more strange it sounds. To think that three years ago today it was a Saturday. Pratt and I were at Wild Wings watching Clemson go for the 19th win verses Maryland to open their season 19-0 and before the game even ended Pratt and I went to the hospital and later that night we had our baby boy. All along I thought we would have a girl and even 30 minutes before he was born we were only talking about girl names; and then to our great surprise we had a boy and what a blessing he is to us. It is an exciting day, but also in a way a sad day to think of how big he is getting and how he really isn't a baby anymore. Don't get me wrong, I am glad that his baby days are over as he proved to be on the difficult end of the baby spectrum, but at the same time I do miss all those moments with him and strangly enough sometimes I miss the middle of the night feedings with him when the world is quiet

We have had a day of celebrating so far. It started this morning at 7:00 when JP woke up. I went into his room, gave him a great big hug and said, "Happy Birthday buddy! You are 3 today." He looked me straight in the eye and said, "Happy Birthday!"-kind of like you tell someone Merry Christmas after they say it to you. It was the cutest thing. When I put him down for his nap I told him happy birthday again and he said it back to me. Then as I was walking out of his room he says, "Hey, hey, hey, hey mom...Merry Christmas!" with the sweetest little grin that anyone has ever seen. So, back on track. We went to Moe's after CBS, as is our routine every Wednesday, with the Usserys and Alberts. It was so much fun. My dear, sweet friend, Erin, made a guitar cake for JP and we all sang "Happy Birthday" to the birthday boy. Afterward Erin asked JP which part of the cake he wanted and he said the middle part with all the sprinkles so Erin very neatly cut out the center of the guitar and lifted up the middle piece without messing anything up. Of course, JP just ate the sprinkles and icing off the top, but he enjoyed every last bit of it.


I looked and looked through pictures from last year and really couldn't find one that gave a whole shot of his face, so this one will do. I don't feel like his face looks all that different than it did a year ago, but you can definitely tell that his hair has gotten thicker! I am telling you, his hair grows like weeds and I love every last curl on his adorable head. So much has changed in this last year...he goes to school now, he talks all the time, asks questions non stop about anything and everything, loves to be with his friends, sleeps in a big boy bed, sleeps through the night more nights than he doesn't, loves to sing, plays pretend with Shelby all the time, and on and on.

When JP turned one we were on a family trip to the mountains. The hat in this picture is probably familiar. He still loves to wear this hat and I am getting nervous about what we are going to do when his head finally grows out of it. Funny that the hat still fits two years later....

And now to the picture that always makes me get a little emotional about how fast time really goes. It just doesn't seem right that three years have gone by so fast and this little, helpless baby in my arms is now my sweet little monkey boy who even climbs stairs with one foot on one step at a time. I mean, he couldn't even hold his head up three years ago!!!
JP-never forget how much God loves you and how much we love you. You are a sweet precious gift from God! Thanks for all the laughter, joy, and love you bring to our family.
PS-in case you were wondering, Clemson lost the game against Maryland three years ago and I still maintain to this day that if Pratt had let me stay to watch the end that they would have won:) (oh come on babe-you knew I couldn't finish this post without mentioning that....love you!)

No comments: