You know when there is that little voice in the back of your head telling you to make a change, but you resist because you think that the benefits of leaving something how it is far out weighs the benefits the change will bring and then suddenly you reach a point and without any warning at all you make the change...do you know that feeling? Well, for sometime now I have been having that little nudge telling me that it was time to cut out naps from our daily routine. I have been ignoring it and ignoring it because it was really nice to have 2 hours everyday to get things accomplished around the house, but this week I reached a point and could no longer ignore the "voice." After night after night of JP staying up until 9:00 every night and waking up between 5:30 and 6:00 every morning, I finally had enough and decided that from now on we are going to have 45 minutes of rest time in their rooms where they can play quietly, read, or whatever. So we are trying this and so far things are going better. JP definitely falls asleep more quickly at night and he is sleeping until about 6:45 every morning (I am hoping that this improves 'til atleast 7:00 or so...please, please, please!). Well, yesterday afternoon JP hit a wall. He was watching golf with Pratt and all the sudden he was snoring on the floor. It was so cute that I couldn't resist taking a picture. If you remember from a while back, JP fell asleep on the floor in nearly this exact same spot after getting up particularly early one morning.

In other news-last week was my birthday! It was a great week! Pratt and I had plans to go on a date, but as we have learned and continue to learn, you need to be flexible when you are a parent because you never know what will come up. Unfortunately Shelby got hit hard with a stomach virus and we had to cancel. Hopefully we will get to reschedule soon! On my actual birthday some girlfriends took me to Outback for dessert and let me tell you, we ate our weight in dessert and it was sooooooooooooooooooo good!!! The night that we had planned for our date we ended up doing an "in house" date night. It was nice and relaxing and we really enjoyed catching up with each other and catching up on some of our shows. My dear friend Erin whose creativity is always flowing gave me one of the best gifts of all....it combined two of my favorite things...cake and High School Musical!!! She made me a High School Musical Guitar cake and I loved it! "High School Musical???" some of you might say..and I say "yes! I love those movies." Musicals one some of the best movies around. Also, it is a love story of a couple in high school (the cool dude and the new girl) which kind of reminds me of my love story with Pratt. So here is a picture of my cake!!! It tasted delicious!!

Finally, Pratt surprised me at church on Sunday with the flowers. This is one of the biggest and most beautiful arrangements I have ever seen and I was truly surprised and felt so loved when I saw them.

I don't really have anything to report on Shelby right now. She is growing and learning and really enjoying school. It is hard to believe and doesn't even sound right when I tell people that she is almost 5, but no matter how weird it is, it is true. One quick story about her....last weekend I was going to mom and dad's for dinner because Pratt was out of town. On the way down I called Lauren to tell her we were coming and we chatted for a little bit. When I got off the phone a million questions came out of Shelby with regards to our conversation. I politely told her that she didn't need to know everything to which she replied, "Yes, mommy, I do. I want to be the girl who knows everything all the time." Oh dear, looks like I am going to have to figure out away to know everything all the time as well in order to answer all her questions.
No comments:
Post a Comment