The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Strawberry Pickin'

So I have this friend who always knows what is going on and where things are happening and I am so thankful for her because she helps keep me doing fun and new adventures with the children. As some of you may know, we are in strawberry pickin' season...now, I have never done this before and was so excited to take the children to a real farm to pick their own strawberries and secretly I wanted to pick some strawberries too. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago my friend Heather and I headed to Georgia to this great little farm called Ottawa Farms. They really have a top notch operation there. When we pulled up there was a little area where they had some goats and some pigs and before I knew what was going on the children were off and running to see them. It took some coaxing, but we finally pulled them away from the goats and went into the little store to get buckets for strawberry pickin'. Since I was knew at all this an didn't want to appear to "eager beaverish" (this is what Pratt called me all the time in college because I had to get my books so many days before classes started and also map out and walk out how to get to all my classes) I followed Heather's lead. We tried to give some last minute instruction to the children as they were heading out, but I think that it probably fell on deaf ears because they were just too excited. Anyway, it was a beautiful day for picking strawberries and the fruit was beautiful (and once we got home and ate some realized how good it tasted). I kept thinking that I needed to get back over there to pick more before it was too late, but I haven't gone back yet. We will definitely go over there for some blueberry and blackberry picking!!!

Here is Shelby and Callie. Shelby really loves Callie and I think she secretly loves being able to be a pretend big sister to a little sister. Don't get me wrong she loves JP and all, but there is just something different about how she interacts with Callie and I just love watching it.


And then we have the partners in crime, JP and Wyatt. Oh boy did they have so much fun running around together. JP was laughing most of the time and who knows what things they were doing. For boys just being outside and being able to run is a highlight and they definitely enjoyed it. I think they both enjoyed the "guy time" as well.


Group shot!




No comments: