The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Little Bit of Catch Up

So, May was a very, very busy month in the Reed household. I know I say this alot, but I really have no idea where the time goes!! As I was looking back through the May pictures and remembering all that we did I was amazed at how much we did and then started to think about all the things we did that I didn't take pictures of and, well, it is almost overwhelming and could send many people into full out panic mode!!!

Anyway, it was an exciting month for us. Aunt Suzy, Uncle Patricio, and Sebastian (I am dropping the "baby" part because he isn't a baby anymore :( and I am sure as he gets older he won't appreciate being called "Baby Sebastian") came back for a visit!! We are so glad that they are here and love spending time with them. Sebastian is getting so big and Shelby and JP just love, love, love playing with him. JP and I wrapped up CBS in great style! I just love CBS and am so sad when summer break comes, but the good thing is that being away from something for a time makes you appreciate it that much more when it comes back around. Shelby and JP finished school. Next year Shelby is going to be in kindergarten and JP will be going 5 mornings a week!!! Whoa!!!!!!!! What am I going to do???? I think that I am already a little depressed over losing my babies:(

Uncle Matt's birthday falls on finals week every year so we always wait to celebrate his birthday in May when he is all finished. This year was extra special because he took an internship in Kentucky which means that we don't get to see him the whole summer. We had a great family time at Mom and Dad's. Uncle Matt had one of those M&M ice cream cakes you see in the grocery store for his cake and it was delicious!!! Shelby still points out those cakes when we walk through the grocery and says, "Look mom, just like Uncle Matt's cake!!!" It definitely made an impression on her.

Oh, how could I forget!!! We also celebrated Mother's day in May!! What a wonderful day it was. We spent some wonderful family time in the evening playing outside and enjoying the beautiful weather. I love my family sooo much and love our precious moments together! Sometimes I wish that I could video tape everything so that I could pause certain moments and live in them a little longer than they seem to last in real time. Shelby and JP, I love you both dearly and am so glad to be your mommy!!!

Pratt's birthday falls in May and as is tradition in our house, we celebrated on Pratt's birthday with some cake and ice cream!! This one was special because Suzy, Patricio and Sebastian got to celebrate with us. For Pratt's birthday, I made chocolate cake and then the children helped decorate it with M&Ms....hummmm, I think we have an M&M theme running for May birthday parties:)

At the end of the month we headed up to the NC mountains with our friends the Alberts. What a wonderful weekend of food, friends, fellowship, and gems! While we were up there we did so many different things...the dads took the children on a bear hunt, we ate alot, visited a fire station, dined and danced at the golf club, the guys played golf, we visited Little Switzerland for lunch, walked through a mine, went gem mining, etc.
There's gold in them there hills!!! Well, not exactly, but we did find some pretty rocks! It is hard to tell who had more fun, but one thing is for sure, we all had a lot of fun at the gem mine. Here are the four children with their spoils from the day. They were so proud of their find.

I just had to include this next picture because it is so cute to me. The last day we were there they guys played in a golf tournament so Leslie and I held down the fort. Unfortunately it was kind of rainy that day so we spent most of the morning inside, which after a while lead to cabin fever among the natives. So, in order to maintain sanity we decided to brave the weather and head out hoping with all hope that it wouldn't start pouring rain while we were out walking and thankfully it didn't!! Anyway, as we are walking along Shelby found a dead tree that had fallen over and decided that it made a great walking stick. She carried that thing for the entire walk and wanted to bring it home with her....unfortunately and thankfully we convinced her it wouldn't fit in the car. Her is a picture of her and her stick.


That is just a brief synopsis of May. We did so many things and had such a great time. Now that summer is in full swing it will probably be 2 months before I blog again, but maybe not....we will have to see.



No comments: