The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

All I want for Christmas

Is my two front teeth! 

 Shelby was so excited this week when she lost her other front bottom tooth on Sunday  night.  Ever since she figured out it was loose she would say, "Mom, I have to lose this tooth before Tuesday. I just have too."  It took me a few days to figure it out, but then I realized that she really wanted to lose it so that when her class sang "All I Want for Christmas" at their Christmas play she could sing it with conviction.  I have a feeling there was more tugging going on in the loss of this tooth versus the other, but she was so excited.  So here is a picture of our toothless babe and the letter she wrote to Chrystal, her tooth fairy.


Translation:
Dear Chrystal  To night I lost my second tooth  Watch out for Daisy  She has been nibbling good  I left a special surprise for you  It is on the edge of my bed
Love Shelby

The special prize was 8 pieces of candy from her candy stash.

Shelby has had a very busy week thus far.  On Monday night she went to a Nursing home with the American Heritage Girls to sing Christmas Carols to the residence and hand out poinsettia pens that the girls made and note cards as special gifts.  While I really struggle with nursing homes, she seemed to enjoy it.


After the nursing home all the girls and their families went back to our church for a little Christmas party and ceremony to present the girls with their Joining Award patch as they all successfully completed the requirements to become official American Heritage Girls!!  It was exciting and I am so thankful that Shelby has the opportunity to be apart of this troop.


As if that wasn't exciting enough!!!  Last night Shelby had her school Christmas performance.  It is so exciting to think of how far she has come in these.  When she was in the Cottage at MRM we couldn't even get her to participate in the Christmas program.  The next year she at least got on stage, the year after that she sang a little, and last year she did about half the movements.  This year she was so excited about the Christmas performance.  She smiled through all the songs and did all the movements.  It was a beautiful night and all the children did a wonderful job. 




No comments: