So for about a week I have been trying to upload Shelby's solo from Easter Sunday but have had no such success. I don't know what is going on, but it just won't load so here I am finally sitting down to talk Easter. We had a very busy Easter season as usual. Starting with the Annual Church Egg Hunt the Saturday before Palm Sunday. It was a gorgeous day and we were so glad to have our friends the Arnholts join us. JP and Harrison are best buds. They get into all sorts of trouble together:) Actually, they are good boys and just love to do boy things.
The children sang in church on Palm Sunday. They did their entrance of waving palm branches and sang a song. As always, I cried...
The week leading up to Easter was busy and I can't tell you what we did or have any pictures to show for it, but we had fun. Friday the children had off school as the beginning of Spring Break and we took full advantage of having no commitments. Saturday we colored out Easter Eggs and then had a super fun glow in the dark egg hunt with our neighborhood friends!
The glow in the dark egg hunt was great fun! All the moms stuffed tons of eggs with glow sticks and then we hid them in our backyard and the Albert's backyard. After that we had to wait. We thought that it would be dark enough around 7:45 but it was probably closer to 8:15 before we set the children loose. They had so much fun and I just loved listening to them chattering and laughing!!!
Easter morning was so relaxing. When the children got up we did our little egg hunt through the house. This year the Easter bunny got smart and didn't give so much candy. We had discussed on going to sunrise service on the beach as that is a favorite childhood memory of both Pratt and I, but due to the late night and the fact that we knew the day would be busy we decided to let the children sleep. They only slept until 7, but that is later than 6:)
The children's choir sang again and Shelby, Brady and Caroline had little solos. Can you say ADORABLE!?!?!?!? It was so precious and I so wish that I could get that video uploaded:(
Afterward we enjoyed Easter brunch at Hampton Lake with my family, Pratt's family, and our friends the Olsons. It was a great day and following the trend started at Christmas, Shelby was able to be in the same general area as the Easter Bunny!! Yipppeee, I love breakthroughs! She still avoided him like the plague, but she was close enough to see him.
We had a wonderful day with family and friends celebrating our Savior's resurrection!!! He is risen!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment