The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Friday, March 30, 2012

Aesope's Adventures

Every year the elementary classes at May River Montessori put on an "opera" production.  They are more like musicals than operas, but I think the children feel more sophisticated to have it called an opera.  Anyway, this was Shelby's first year to be a part of the production and she was so excited!  I loved listening to her just randomly busting out in song through out the day and then saying some lines and telling me how funny so and so was when they said their line. 

Shelby played two parts in the opera.  Her first part was to say, "And the moral of the fable is...", after which another little girl would say the moral.  Her other part was an actual line in The Fable of The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

She was so much shorter than the other girl who said the morals that she had to sit on a stool.  She looked so grown up on the stage, but she also seemed so little at the same time sitting on her stool.


Getting ready to sing a song.  She hardly could keep attention through the whole thing.  Most of the time she was looking all around at her classmates and watching them rather than looking at the audience and doing the motions to the songs, but occasionally she would really like a song and get in the groove.


Daddy's girl...actually more like, "Mom, seriously!!!  No more pictures"  I can't blame her too much, I hate getting my picture taken too.


It was a super cute performance and I am really excited to see next years.  That night as I was tucking Shelby in and spending a few minutes cuddling with my ever growing and changing baby she said, "Mom, I think I am going to cry."  I said, "Why sweet pea?"  She said, "Because I am so sad my opera is over.  It was fun."

No comments: