The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Thursday, July 12, 2012

It's Pinteresting

Have you heard of the insanely addicting website called Pinterest?  Well, if you haven't then don't go there!!  Consider this your warning.

In an effort to keep track of things I thought that it might be fun to blog from time to time when I try new recipes.  Lately my obsession with Pinterest has ignited in me a desire to try new recipes so here is my first post. 

This morning I was going to try Blueberry Oatmeal Bake but was out voted 2 to 1 by my children who thought that the Pancake Muffins.  The deal was that I had to have all the ingredients in the house and sure enough I did.  Well, I actually went out on a limb and modified the recipe just a tweak and thankfully they were a huge hit!!!


My recipe for Pancake Muffins:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line muffin pan with liners (I always try to use liners when cooking muffins because it is such a pain to try to clean a muffin pan!)
Mix: 1 cup of Bisquick, 2/3 cup water (I think the next time I am going to use milk), 1 egg, 1/2 cup syrup
Fill muffin cups about half full
Sprinkle chocolate chips/blueberries/whatever topping you like
Bake for 13 minutes
Enjoy!!!


Two happy campers at breakfast!!!

Other recipes I have tried and the result:
Quinoa Cakes: they were all right, the recipe I tried called for tons of pepper and let's just say they turned out extremely peppery!!  Might have to try that one again.
Oven Fried Zucchini chips: very tasty!!  Definitely have to put this one on the rotation to break up the steamed veggie train we ride in this house.




No comments: