The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Thursday, February 21, 2013

8 is Great

On February the 18th we celebrated Shelby's 8th birthday!!!  Yes, I said 8!  Holy Cow, that is amazing!!  Only 5 more years until she turns 13 which means we are approaching the preteen years in a matter of days. 

Happy birthday sweet girl!!


For her 8th birthday Shelby just wanted a few friends and to do something fun so we loaded up the car with three of her friends and made the trek to the island for The Art Cafe.  Much to my dismay, it was closed!!!  Seriously!  I know we are "out of season" down here but what business like that closes on a Saturday, especially a rainy one???  I felt so bad and the disappointment was written all over Shelby's face:(  Epic fail on my part!  Lucky for us, the Island Playground (which is now closed) was open for it's last weekend so the party was saved and the girls had a great time running around.

After that we went to Lovin Spoons where Shelby got to get an adult bowl and put as many toppings as she would like on her fro-yo.  I think in the end she had a great time and I sure enjoyed watching her, soaking up every moment. 



Shelby, you light up our world!  You are funny, loving, and kind.  We love you to pieces and look forward to seeing what God has in store for your life!

Happy Birthday Sweet pea!!!

No comments: