You know you are getting old when you would rather watch the Super Bowl at home with your family then go out to a party or something....and that is exactly what we did. I wouldn't have had it any other way.
You know you are getting old when nearly every commercial during the super bowl makes you squirm in disbelief over the inappropriateness of the content....and that is exactly what I did! In my mind it was supposed to be a nice family bonding time. When I was growing up, Super Bowl Sunday was always a super fun day family day in our house. Mom would make the world's best chili and cornbread and we would all gather in the living room to eat, watch the game, and enjoy the commercials; so you can imagine my excitement and expectation for the night when Pratt and I decided to let Shelby stay up and watch some of it......
Well, that excitement turned to horror as one of the first commercials of the game was that GoDaddy.com commercial where the super model and the nerd share a very long and very awkward kiss. I was horrified and scrambling in my mind how to handle that situation with Shelby when she piped in.."Mom, why are they biting each other like that?"
So I did what any mom would do..."I don't know honey, but it is strange; isn't it?"
Shortly after that we put her to bed to spare her precious innocent mind and I am so glad we did!!! The commercials didn't get any better and the half time show was anything but family friendly!!!
At this rate I am pretty sure my children will be watching Disney Jr and Nick Jr until they are 30!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment