Since day-light savings time on Saturday night/Sunday morning has occurred we have all be walking in a fog. So this morning on the way to school it was dead quiet; I mean dead quiet. The children were even too tired to argue about something silly which tends to happen often on the way to school. JP broke the silence with this random conversation....
JP-Mommy, is Aunt Lala older than you?
Me-No, I am older than her by 6 years.
JP-So how old is she?
Me-Aunt Lala is about to turn (I will leave blank just in case Aunt Lala wouldn't appreciate me sharing that info, but in case you are wondering it is more than 20 but less than 30). Next Tuesday is her birthday.
JP-And she is already out of college?? (said with awe and admiration like that is a huge accomplishment)
Me-Yes, most people typically finish with college around 22 or so.
JP-So, when you were 6, Aunt Lala was 0?
Me-Yes, that is one way to look at it.
I love conversations with my children! It really gives you a glimpse of what their little minds are like and you can see how they are trying to navigate through life in their limited knowledge.
I heard once on the radio that a study was done and they found that there has been a correlation between a child's behavior and how much time their parents spend on the phone in the car. Essentially it said, "Parents, hang up the phone and spend time with your children. Being in the car with them is one of the best places to talk because you are together in a small space and they aren't distracted by toys, tv, friends, etc. and they are more likely to talk with you about life." I am so thankful for that nugget of information because we have had some super fun conversations!
No comments:
Post a Comment