First and foremost we thank all the men and women and their families who have sacrificed in order for us to celebrate July 4th!! Without your passion and willingness to protect, this day and the many fun memories we have would not exist. So thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!
The Second Annual Reed/Shell Fourth of July party was once again a super fun time. A little rain in the afternoon would not deter us from celebrating our freedom. Last year we had a great dance show put on by the children and this year we had fun with sparklers and other small fireworks before heading to the big show.
Nothing says Happy 4th of July like extra long sparklers. I have never seen sparklers this big before. Usually the children are disappointed because the sparkler is finished real quick but these were so long that they got bored with them before they were even half way done.
After dinner and a few very stinky stink bombs we made our way to see some real fireworks. Of course by this point we were getting giddy with excitment and anticipation.....
No, I wasn't bloated from bad food (we ate really well and the food was delicious); that ever expanding belly is because of the Pickle that is growing.
Another funny picture moment....Pratt and Shelby showing me how to act like I can't jump. So thankful I have those two to guide me through life:)
Jumping for freedom...I feel like Toyota should be written across this picture (do you remember the old Toyota commercials where the happy people would jump at the end?)
We had a wonderful night. The fireworks show was amazing and lasted forever. Then the children enjoyed running around for a bit. I paid for the late night the next day with tired/crabby children, but the memories of that night with friends and family were well worth it!
Happy Birthday 'Merica!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment