We had a wonderful time on the hayride through the neighborhood. Shelby really shocked me with how she ran up to the houses for trick-or-treating. There was only one house that I had to walk up with her because she wasn't so sure of the skeleton on the porch. Here is a picture of Shelby, aka: Ariel, and JP, aka: Coach Swinney, on the hayride. The funniest part about Shelby's costume, well, there are two funny things...the purple part which is supposed to be Ariel's bathing suit, Shelby kept calling her braids and then she also insisted on having the one side hanging off of her shoulder. Everytime I tried to fix it she would put it back and give me a stern, "that is how it is supposed to be mommy!!!" with a look and hand gestures to go with it.
I couldn't do a post on Halloween and not show you the artistic ability of my husband. This was the first year that we carved a pumpkin. All the years we have been married we have always bought pumpkins, but we never did anything with them. I was so excited to carve a pumpkin this year. The children loved watching and they both even touched the "guts", although, I don't think either one of them really enjoyed that too much.
This final picture I had to include. Lately, JP has been falling asleep while we are in the carpool line waiting for Shelby to get dismissed from school. This is a classic JP picture right now. It really sums up a lot about him. First, notice the hair twirling, yes, he even does it in his sleep. Second, notice the death grip on the box of raisins. This is by far his favorite food right now. The dentist is going to love me!!! Finally, notice his mouth. It is kind of hard to tell, but he is sucking on a mouth full of raisins. He packs his mouth full of raisins and then sucks on them. Thankfully he hasn't choked yet and hopefully he never will.
1 comment:
Such precious little munchkins!
Post a Comment