The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

First Trip to the Salon

After Pratt asked me for about 2 months to get JP's hair cut, I finally gave in and set an appointment at the salon for him and for Shelby. This would be our first ever. Pratt had cut Shelby's hair twice in the past and since it took her so long to grow enough hair to cut it and since she is a girl, it wasn't that huge of a deal if her hair didn't get cut. But JP on the other hand will need to have his hair cut more frequently. Pratt wants it to stay shorter and I love his curls so I knew that it would need to be done by a professional to give both of us what we want. After playing phone tag for about 2 weeks with the salon the appointment was set. Even though I never mentioned Shelby by name or used the word girl in setting up the appointment for both girls, she somehow knew that she was going to be in on this too and before I could even put the phone back on the receiver she chimed in, "No mommy, I don't want to get my hair cut. Please, no mommy." I mean seriously!!! How did she even know?!?!?!?!

Anyway, haircut day came last Tuesday and thankfully Pratt was able to go with me. We tried JP first and he was definitely not having it so Pratt took him for a bit and Shelby sat on my lap and let them cut her hair. After all her protest it was amazing to see her just sitting there very still and very calm. She did great and her hair looks so cute!!!

JP on the other hand was quite the opposite. He kicked and screamed and fought us through the whole process. At one point he scaled so high up on Pratt that he looked like a cat trying to find higher ground to get away from rising water. It was kind of funny....is that bad??? Anyway, we made it through and his hair got trimmed and we also got to keep the curls. I am glad that experience is over with and hope that the next one goes better.

No comments: