The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

P-A-R-T-Y Because we like to!!

This Saturday was Shelby's birthday party. I have to admit, as much as I tried to change her mind about what she wanted to do for her party, it ended up being so much fun having it where she wanted. She was so insistent that she have her party at Island Playground, "the place where Neely had her party", is what she would say. The children ran around like crazy and completely wore themselves out. Plus, all I had to get was a cake and the Island Playground took care of everything else. It doesn't get any easier than that. It is amazing to see how different Shelby is around her friends then when she is with just me. Normally she isn't so independent or into trying things that she would perceive as dangerous, but at her party she just followed all her little friends around and went on some of the bouncy things that she wouldn't even look at before. The best thing was that I got to get in on some of the action...bounce, slide, climb, etc. It was so much fun and I got the biggest joy out of watching the children laugh and play together. Ahhhhh, fun times!!!! Here are some pictures......

Can you tell that we had to wake her up from her nap for her party? She was a little craby about that and it took her a few minutes to get into the party mood. At this point, I don't think I am looking to forward to the teenage years with this one;-)

JP and Rob diggin up some dinosaurs. JP was a little wild monkey, he ran all around and had a great time, but generally avoided the bouncy houses....not something I expect to last too long.


Shelby and Emily going down the big slide together. This is one of the bouncy houses that Shelby normally wouldn't even go close to, but here she is and look how much fun she is having...


Happy Birthday Shelby!! I hope you enjoyed your party and your pretty Ariel birthday cake!! I love you!

No comments: