
On Saturday I had decided because of the rain earlier in the week and the possibility of more rain that day that we would take a break from the pool and just hang. As we were taking it easy that morning I thought about running to Michael's to get some new craft supplies and then got the great idea that since Shelby was studying about water and fish at school that we should get some pet fish. When I asked Shelby and JP if they wanted to get a fish they became very excited and when I asked Shelby what she wanted to name the fish, her first response was God. After going through several name ideas, we settled on Owen and Allie.
At the pet store we decided on getting a beta fish and walked out with two, a new bowl, and some food. We got home, set up the bowl and after nap time we decided that everything was good so we put the fish in their new home. Right away Owen (the boy beta) decided that he was better off dead than to be our pet. As Pratt was trying to get him from the take home container to the bowl he jumped out of the net onto the counter and when Pratt tried to pick him up he flipped himself off the counter onto the floor. Thankfully he didn't die right then because Shelby was standing there watching the whole thing. We were also very excited that when we got home from church on Saturday night he was still alive and so far so good. Owen and Allie (the girl beta) seem to be doing pretty well and tolerating the kids tapping and talking. Shelby has even danced for them a little, the whole time saying, "Look Owen. Look Allie. Watch me dance."

One thing that I found at Michael's are these window markers. Shelby and JP went to town on the windows when we got home. It is so much fun to see what comes out of their little imaginations. Shelby really likes to draw right now and she is getting better and better at it everyday. It is hard to say what her favorite thing to draw is, but I love that everytime she draws a person she gives them a belly button.
No comments:
Post a Comment