The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Family Beach Trip

Today I think was a first for our family...I am pretty sure it was the first day that the whole family went to the beach together. There have been a few times over the years that I have taken Shelby and JP, but today was the first that we were all together and we had so much fun!!! It was a beautiful day for sun and sand and the kids had a great time. My usually shy Shelby took no time to warm up and went for the water without hesitation. JP, on the other hand, wouldn't go near it. I tried to get him to put his toes in, but he just stood back screaming at me to get out when I put my toes in. I guess the moving water and the noise of the waves un-nerved him a little. While Shelby spent a good bit of time jumping the waves as they rolled in, JP was happy to stay back at the chairs with daddy eating and digging.

When we were in California Shelby and Grammie spent some time combing the beach for seashells and she hasn't forgotten one bit the fun that she had; so one of the first things she did when we got to the beach today was to grab her bucket and head on her hunt for seashells. She and Pratt came back with a whole bucket full and I think they made it back to our house.



JP had so much fun getting all sandy. I never really can understand how kids can be happy as can be and covered in so much sand!! It was amazing all the sand that he accumulated on his body and he just kept on playing and playing. Of course when it came time to eat we had a little clean off time, but that didn't last long.


After Shelby and JP started to settle down a little bit from all the excitement I decided to lay down for a moment on the towel and watch them dig holes, hide treasure, and make castles. I was probably on the towel for about a minute and JP came running over and laid down next to me. It was so cute!!

Another fun adventure we had was chasing the seagulls. Oh, the simple things in life bring so much fun. Here are two videos of the seagull chases....the wind sounds worse than it really was. There was just enough breeze that we couldn't put up the umbrella, but not too much to where the sand was blowing and stinging your legs.

No comments: