So, I am sorry once again about my lack of blogging lately. Due to the economic conditions I have had to take over cleaning the house by myself, and while this really isn't that big a deal, it does take a good bit of my time that I would otherwise spend on the internet.
Tomorrow I am leaving for a little girls' weekend to the lakehouse. I am super excited about going and having some time with some really great girls. It is going to be so much fun, but before I go I wanted to catch up on a few things that have been going on around here.
This week has been a pretty exciting week in the Reed house. We are in full potty training mode with JP and while he has already had more accidents in three weeks of training then Shelby has ever had, it is going more smoothly than I could have ever imagined. This week was huge because we had our first successful poop on the potty. It was just perfect timing really. I was calling JP to get dressed and when I found him he said, "No mommy, I still pooping." So I promptly grab him up, stripped him down and put him on the potty before he could finish. No more than 5 seconds later we had victory!!!! Shelby and I were so excited for him (actually she was excited for herself because she knew that she would get two m&ms out of the deal). Today we had another success and this time he told me that he had to go poopy on the potty, so, we are making progress; but of course in true JP fashion he did have two accidents today. I am grateful for the ease that we have experienced with him so far, but I really do hope that this accident thing passes quickly as I am getting a little tired of cleaning pee, poop and doing laundry everyday.
Last week we had great fun. On Thursday we went to the beach with some friends. It was the most perfect day for it. The sun wasn't too intense and it was warm enough, but not too hot. The children all had so much fun playing with each other and we found our first star fish on the beach. I think Eliza found it and all the children enjoyed looking at it and talking about it.
Some other minor details....Shelby and JP are really enjoying playing mommy and baby right now. I am sure that you can guess who takes which role. It is so amusing because half the time JP does baby talk, baby whine, and baby cry and the other half he is making sounds like a cat. Sometimes I am not sure which he is supposed to be until Shelby says, "Baby....." We have also rediscovered the Wiggles. A lot of adults find them somewhat annoying, but I kind of like them. Their songs are great and the children love dancing and singing along. I have tried desperately to sneak a video of Shelby dancing to "D-O-R-O-T-H-Y". It is so funny to see her copying the moves and hear her singing along. Hopefully soon I will have that for you because I know that you will enjoy it. We went shoe shopping this week and it truly hit me hard that my babies aren't babies anymore. I got their feet measured and of course, they grew. I knew that, but what I didn't realize until I held JP's little big foot in my hand to put some socks on how much his feet had changed. Yes, I do put his shoes on everyday, but for some reason this particular moment I took the time to examine his foot and see that it wasn't a baby foot anymore. Oh, forlorn!!!!! My heart breaks just thinking about it. Today I went through Shelby and JP's sock drawers to make way for new socks and I found so many of JP's socks from when he was an infant. It was just one of those things that really took me back and made me miss that stage of motherhood soooooooooo much.
Well, I think that is about it. 'Til next time...God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment