Today has been such fun that I felt like documenting it now instead of relying on my not so good long term memory for later. This morning JP slept until 6:55!!!!! Isn't that awesome!?!?! And to make it even better, Pratt got up with him!!! Also, Shelby slept until almost 8:45!!! It is a Thursday morning miracle! We had a nice morning. Shelby woke up and when I got into her room she instantly started crying because she didn't want to go to the dentist. Reassuring her through the whole morning got old very fast and in an effort to distract for a few moments, we decided to try our hand at making our very own play dough. And it worked, Shelby didn't cry about the dentist for about 30 minutes and we had so much fun making play dough together. I was amazed at how easy it was and how much the children really enjoyed helping mixing the ingredients. Shelby got right to work with hers and made all sorts of shapes and she insisted that she get a picture of them. So here you can see she made a butterfly, ice cream cone (yummy!), star, and a circle.
JP just loved mashing his fingers in the dough and cutting it into tiny pieces with a little knife. They both really got excited about being able to pick which color they wanted and how much it made. I have to say, I was very shocked at how much one serving was. Hopefully it will last a long time before hardening.The dentist went much better than expected. Last time Shelby cried and flailed about so much that I had to basically lay on top of her so that the hygentist could do her job and once we were finished she and I looked like we had just been in a fight. We were both covered in sweat and the chair was soaking from her sweating so much. This time I just had to hold her arms and we only had whining!! Score one for that!! In fact, it was such a peaceful experience from the last time that we attempted to get pictures of her teeth...that ended up not happening, but for one brief moment she was sitting in the chair with the apron on and actually held the film in her mouth, but not long enough for the picture...oh well, making progress!!!
Finally, Pratt and I have started the process of potty training JP. This is one chore I am not looking forward to. Shelby was so easy and in a sense pretty much potty trained herself, I think JP might not be so smooth. So far, he is doing pretty good. I haven't been forcing the issue and when we are home I have been letting him run around bottom bare. Yesterday he actually went the whole day with only one pull-up, but today, not so much. This morning we spent a considerable amount of time playing on the potty and I just couldn't resist taking some video of him singing along with is little potty. So I hope you enjoy this little show!

No comments:
Post a Comment