The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Monday, February 8, 2010

Drive-thru "Bappertizing"

Yesterday at church we had a baby dedication for little Eli. He was one of the most fun little babies to watch go through the baby dedication. Anyway, the whole thing left quite an impression on Shelby.

After rest time and afternoon snacks I caved in to the children's requests to go outside. We put on our jackets and spent some time wondering around in the empty lots next to our house. One of the coolest things we saw was a huge bald eagle fly through the woods and perch right on a tree next to our house. We watched him for about 10 minutes or so before he flew away...very cool!!! Once we discovered all there was to discover we made our way back out to the street and as we got there Shelby said, "JP, let me bappertize you. Drive around the circle on your bike." So JP drove around the circle on his bike and then pulled up right next to Shelby. She put her hand in my cup for some water, placed her hand on his head and said, "All right, you are bappertized. Now it is my turn." Then Shelby road around the circle on JP's bike and the same process repeated itself for her. I almost fell on the ground laughing. I mean, I don't think have seen anything cuter!! My only disappointment was that I didn't have my camera out for a picture. They took turns "bappertizing" each other for about 20 minutes and then I guess they figured that was an adequate amount of times, plus they started to run low on water.

1 comment:

Brent and Heather Harbin said...

Cute post!!!!

"children" - heehee :)