The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Two Wheelin'!

Friday was an exciting evening in our household because Shelby learned to ride a two wheeler (and in record time)!!! Truthfully, I wasn't sure how, when or if this day would ever come. Shelby isn't known for willingly and excitedly trying new things, especially when that something new involves anything that can be perceived as dangerous or a situation that she doesn't have total and complete control over.

But, as we were all outside enjoying the beautiful Friday afternoon Shelby decided that she wanted to give it a try. I said that I didn't think now was a good time; and just as the last words were coming out of my mouth, Pratt was removing the training wheels on Shelby's old bike. Okay then, here we go.....I had no choice but to go along with it and get my camera ready.

Well, we were all completely shocked and thrilled when after two runs up and down the driveway with Pratt holding her and one run up and down the street with me helping her, she 100% got it on her own! It was amazing and has to be some sort of record!! When I was going down the street with her I literally had one finger on the back of her bike for moral support for her (and me). She was definitely riding on her own.



Since then she has been all about riding her bike. She loves it and I can't wait to take bike rides with her!!

No comments: