We had a wonderful week of Thanksgiving. I say week because we literally celebrated Thanksgiving nearly the whole week. JP had his class thanksgiving party on Tuesday, Wednesday we enjoyed a beautiful day with our neighbors, Thursday we enjoyed thanksgiving at John and Sandi's, Friday we had another family dinner at John and Sandi's that included most of the family from Tennessee and all the Reeds that live here, and then on Saturday we went to my parents for Thanksgiving lunner (lunch/dinner). It was a whirl wind and I am tired, but it was so much fun!!! We give thanks for the blessing of family!
Here is the finished product of our annual Thanksgiving turkey. Didn't it turn out lovely???
All the great-grandkids with Grandmother and Granddaddy. I think this picture includes all of them. Isn't it amazing?
A little Go Fish before lunner with Grandmother. This is one of the children's favorite things to do with Grandmother among others that I am sure I am not even aware of;)
Saturday morning before heading to the island we picked up our tree and set it up so that Sunday it would be ready for decorating. Since we had a late night Saturday night (it was the Clemson/S. Carolina game-booo hoooo) Pratt let me sleep in; but once JP started trying to hang his socks on the tree he knew it was time to get this show on the road. After I rolled out of bed and got myself together we started decorating the tree.
We had such a wonderful morning of family time and decorating that we decided to stay in and spend some family time together. It was great. JP and Shelby did a wonderful job under the supervision of their dad at decorating the tree. It is one of the best trees we have ever had.
All the decorations are out. The outside is decorated and so far I am happy to report that we have only had one casualty; this morning Daisy got a hold of one of the wise men from our Fisher Price nativity scene and well, he is no longer with us. May he rest in peace.





No comments:
Post a Comment