The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Monday, March 19, 2012

The Difference a Week Makes

Two weekends ago was hopefully our last little cold snap until Fall!!!  Pratt had to work so the children and I hung out like the old days and made ourselves busy doing stuff.  What stuff you ask, well, that was nearly two weeks ago and I can hardly remember what happened yesterday so I have no idea.  At any rate, one thing I do remember is pulling out the trusty old Easy Bake Oven.  Shelby got it for Christmas a few years ago and it hasn't seen much use, but we had fun with it on Sunday.  Shelby and JP made some yummy S'more Cookies with it.  The hardest thing about baking is being patient to finish the project and so I ended up finishing it all, but the children reappeared when it was time to decorate and eat.




I did sneak a bit of the batter and grab a small nibble of the finished product and while it can't even come close to comparing to the delicious goo of a real s'more, they weren't all that bad and we had a fun afternoon making them together so that counts for something.

While the previous weekend we were trying to find things to do inside because it was quite chilly, this past weekend we spent as much time outdoors as possible!!!  Saturday morning started out slow (we are still adjusting to day light savings time-it seems to be taking longer this year), but we were moving fast enough to get out the door in time for our morning activities.  JP and Pratt went to JP's tball practice and Shelby and I went to the school's Saturday morning fun run.  They have been doing 1/4 mile runs for the children every Saturday for the Presidential Fitness Challenge and this was the first one that Shelby was able to go to.  I so wish that I had a camera.  Shelby did great for her first run and she had a great time.

After JP's practice was done we came home for a bit of a rest.  The children were up rather late Friday night due to the fact that we had a crazy lightening storm move through.  Let me tell you, it was AMAZING!!  I have never seen lightening like that in all my life! 

Since it was the most perfect March day Pratt and I decided to take a family trip to the beach.  Normally this time of the year it is still a little too chilly to get on your suit and head down to the water, but this day was the most gorgeous day!  And to top it off, we spent the whole day just the four of us and I couldn't have asked for anything more.  Shelby and JP got along so well.  They enjoyed playing together and playing with Pratt and I.  Pratt and I enjoyed watching them, playing with them and just relaxing.


JP working on his sandcastles and sea animals


Shelby digging a big hole


Teamwork makes the job light


Quick pic of Pratt

And.....oh no, our day wasn't over after that.  When we got home Pratt and Shelby planted some wildflower seeds in our backyard.  They were rather old seed packets and chances are we might not get any flowers from them, but they did inspire and by the end of Sunday we had a vegetable garden box built with vegetables planted.  I am so thankful for a handy husband who loves to spend time with his family and do fun things with our children!  What a blessing!!! 


Best Weekend EVER!!!

No comments: