Last Tuesday we started the new school year. While a lot of mom's across our town were fighting back tears, I was very excited to send my children off on a new adventure. Is something wrong with me?? I mean, I love my children to pieces, but I also have no problem watching them grow and go off on new adventures. Maybe it is because I loved school sooo much that I get all giddy at the thought of school supplies, books, learning, etc that it overrides my sadness as a mom watching her children getting bigger by the moment. Don't get me wrong, I do have moments of realization that take my breath away but when it comes to sending my children off to school I don't.
Anyway, before we loaded up to head to school we tried to take our yearly first day of school pictures. We tried our hardest to get a good picture, but most of the time the children, especially Shelby, were more interested in being silly then serious. At first this was rather frustrating, but then I said to myself, "Hey, if she wants to be silly, let her be silly. What better way to capture their little personalities then when they are being goofy."
This first picture is actually the best one we got but most of them.....
were like this
or like this...
Then we moved onto individual pictures.
JP's first day of kindergarten.
(Don't ask me what the leaf was about. They both decided they needed a prop to pose with.)
Shelby's first day of 2nd grade.
Okay, now I am ready to cry:( Where did the time go and I miss my babies!!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment