Last weekend JP and Pratt headed off for a fun night of camping at Hampton Lake. We figured this was a good way to introduce JP to camping. They have everything you need at Hampton Lake so off the went for a night of guy stuff.
The boys had so much fun! They boated, fished, danced, had a fire, ate all kinds of food, etc. Unfortunately the fun didn't last all night for Pratt as he got some kind of food poisoning or something. Let's just say getting sick while camping, no matter how nice the arrangements is no fun; but leave it up to a child to make you smile even in the midst of feeling the worse. When JP woke up Saturday morning he peaked his head out of the tent to find Pratt barely alive and said, "Dad, dad, two amazing things...first, I slept in my clothes all night and second I still haven't brushed my teeth!"
Both really enjoyed the camping thing and will probably give it another try soon as the evening temperatures are starting to cool off.
While the boys were off on their adventure, Shelby and I opted to have a nice girl's evening. We started out with dinner at Truffles with Grandmother (Shelby really wanted Grandmother to join us and asked if she could call her to invite her that morning. Since it was 7am and I knew mom didn't have to work I told her that I would make sure to call Grandmother. She couldn't quite understand that Grandmother probably wasn't up yet.). After a very nice dinner we walked next door to Lovin' Spoons for some yummy yogurt!!! As always, my eyes were bigger then my stomach, but I mustered up the strength to scrap the bottom of my bowl....so glad that my whole family loves that place. PS-Rarely will I ever turn down an invite to Lovin' Spoons-hint, hint:)
After a quick trip to the store we came home, put on our pjs and settled into my bed to watch Yes to the Dress. It was so much fun and I really cherished my time with my not so baby, baby girl!! I love her so much!!



1 comment:
Oh how I love Say Yes to the Dress! Someone should have been recording me and my whacky ways when I went bridal gown shopping. I'm glad everyone had a nice time!
Post a Comment