The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Thursday, April 24, 2008

JP's 15 month check up and Shelby's first Tattoo

Monday was JP's 15 month check up!! I can hardly believe it! Anyway, he checked out great. He was 22 lbs. 6 oz. and 30 in long. Compared to other boys his age he falls on the small side of the growth chart, but I like it like that!! I will keep him little for as long as possible! They did a finger prick to check his blood work and that all came back great too! One thing that the doctor did find was an ear infection. Go figure, the one time I am not rushing to the doctor because JP looked at me funny is the one time that he actually has something going on. Oh well, he will survive.


Tuesday was a great day for the most part. Shelby had her first run in at school on the playground. When I picked her up from school I could just tell that she wasn't happy so I asked her as she climbed into the car if everything was okay and she just burst into tears. Come to find out she took sand to the face. We went to lunch at Moe's to help her feel better. That took care of it and we haven't heard anything about it since. Later that day we were playing around with some toy tattoos that Shelby had gotten at an Easter egg hunt and a birthday. I asked her if she wanted me to put one on and she said no. So in a effort to show her that it wouldn't hurt I put one on and asked her again if she wanted one and she said, "No mommy. When I get older I will get one."


Wednesday was Dad's day at CBS. All the dads got to come and participate in the classes with their children. Then the children came to sing for all the mom's after lecture and I was shocked beyond shocked because Shelby actually got up on stage with all the others and sang. It was so cute and I was so excited. She was barefoot, but she was up there!! What an amazing change in her. When we got home she decided that now she was old enough for a tattoo so she got her first tattoo after nap time.....Dora the Explorer.

Shelby on stage at CBS!


Shelby's Dora Tattoo.


Thursday, Friday and Saturday were spent at the pool at Hampton Lake. We had such a blast with our family and friends. The kids are wiped out today from the three straight days of fun in the sun, but it is so worth it because their little faces light up and they are so carefree when we are there.

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a cute picture of JP in his crib!