The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Shelby's First Hair Cut and other exciting events

What a wonderful week! We have had the best weather and the best time doing a bunch of whatever we feel like doing when we feel like doing it. Yesterday and today have been the most beautiful days here in the lowcountry. Yesterday we went to the pool with a bunch of friends and today we started out at 9:30 for Owen's 3rd birthday party (Happy Birthday Owen!!! Thanks for inviting us to share in your fun day!) and then we changed into our suits and swam for a good couple of hours. JP and Shelby had so much fun!! What a difference a year makes! I can't even tell you how much more relaxing and fun it is to be at the pool without having to worry that at any moment JP was going to bust out crying or want to nurse or something like that. Anyway, here is a picture of the three of us in the "deep end". JP really loves his new float and Shelby did a great job kicking.



As most of you know, this week is one of the greatest weeks for golf fans. It is the week of The Masters. Wednesday night Rob and Pratt spent a good part of the night talking strategy. In honor of Pratt's endless love and passion for the game of golf JP wore his Masters shirt on Thursday. He was so handsome in it!!! If we had more I am sure that he would have worn a Masters something all week like his daddy.


And now, the biggest thing to happen this week was Shelby's first hair cut. Yesterday we were giving her and JP a bath and while they were playing Shelby looked at us and said, "I think that I need a hair cut." Pratt and I did everything we could to hold back the laugh that this comment from out of the blue elicited. We said okay and after bath time took Shelby into our bathroom, set her on the counter top, and cut away. Pratt did a really great job and she looks so cute. Even as I sit here typing this I really can't believe that my baby got her first hair cut. Wow, time has gone by so fast. It just doesn't seem right that 1-she had enough hair to cut and 2-that she is old enough to have a hair cut. Really, I just can't get over it.




2 comments:

Lauren said...

Haha, remember when dad cut my hair...:)

The Usserys said...

Shelby is so funny....and a great job by Pratt!!! Is he taking appointments?:)