The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Monday, May 19, 2008

Week of travel

Last week was such a busy week of travel for me. Tuesday afternoon we went up to the lakehouse for a few days. What a blast!! We had such a wonderful time. Thankfully we got up there in the early evening so that Shelby and JP would have time to get all their energy out before bed time. There are over 100 pictures from our two and a half days there so it is going to be hard to pick out just a few for the blog. Anyway, Wednesday we got up and had eggs for breakfast, put on our bathing soups and sunscream (according to Shelby), and headed out doors around 9:30am. Played and played and played until about 11:00 and decided it was time to take the boat to the Goat for lunch. Of course it was closed so we got back on the boat and loaded up the car to find something else. When we got back the Rowes showed up. After nap time we played and played and played again. It was wonderful. We could just sit there and keep an eye on the kiddos and they would entertain themselves. I never thought that I could get so relaxed even with two children!!! Of course, no trip to the lakehouse would be complete without a visit to Summerton Diner. If you ever find your way up there, you have to visit this place. The food is to die for. I got a meat and three (broasted chicken-no, that is not a typo, squash casserole, mashed potatoes and green beans). Shelby had chicken fingers and JP got grilled cheese. Well, wouldn't you know it, neither one of my children ate their food, instead they ate mine. JP devoured the squash casserole and Shelby took over the mashed potatoes, and I really couldn't blame them, I got atleast two bits of each and they were so good. I tried to get the squash recipe, but the lady who makes it comes in at 4:00 am to cook and then really isn't around the rest of the day.


Thursday was a lot like Wednesday. We went out around 9:00am came back in for lunch and put the kids down for naps. Then Dana and I went back out to catch some rays and some zzzz's while the guys went to hit golf balls. After they got back and the kids woke up we took a boat ride. It was such a wonderful day. That evening we let Shelby and Carson run around naked and they had a blast. The water was a little chilly and poor little Carson got so cold that his lips turned blue.

Friday we cleaned up and made our way home. At 2:30 I left with some friends to go to Jacksonville for a Women of Faith conference. It was hard to leave the children for the first time, but I was with a great group of friends that made it easier than I thought that it would be. While I was gone Pratt said that Shelby and JP were wonderful. They listened well, played well, and hardly whined...of course, while I was gone JP slept completely through that night with no peeps and then my first night home, not even 10 minutes after my head hit the pillow he starts fussing. I don't know how, but I know that he knew that I was home. Pratt had some great help while I was gone. Shelby was so excited that Aunt Suzy and Uncle Patricio spent the night with her. Thanks so much Aunt Suzy and Uncle Patricio for playing with the kiddos. They told me to tell you that they love you sooo much!

I am going to post a slide show of pictures from the lake because there are too many cute ones to pick from.

No comments: