And other news from the week....not only is Shelby "so stylish", she is also pretty smart, well, I am her mom aren't I:) Anyway, we got her a big 24 piece jigsaw puzzle from the zoo a couple of weeks ago and decided to open it on Sunday before church. Now, keep in mind that this is the first time that it was opened. She instructed Pratt to put the top of the box where she could look at the picture and then put the whole puzzle together by herself. I know, she is smart, isn't she.
So yesterday as we were getting our day started I noticed that JP was not walking and every time he tried he would fall down with a little whimpering. As I took note and watched closely, every time he went to put pressure on his leg he would fall and you could tell that it was hurting. Thankfully I was able to get him into the doctor at 9:30 in the morning and they ran some tests on him to try to determine what was wrong. They pricked his little finger for a blood test. He did not like that one bit and by the time I walked into the next office for his x-rays he somehow managed to get the band-aid off and the next thing I know I have blood all over my shirt. So we went back to the pediatrician's office to get another band-aid which we were able to get on more securely this time and then went back into the x-ray reception room to wait for him to be called. Unfortunately this wasn't the first time that we had been in the spot for x-rays, back in October we thought he might have swallowed something and had a chest x-ray done. While he was cooperative the first go around, this time he was less than pleased to be laying down on a cold, hard table while someone took pictures of his hips. After his pictures were done we went back to the doctor's office where they said everything came back fine and to watch him through the afternoon. His follow up appointment was today and they think that he was just having some side affects from an infection that he had a few weeks ago. The good news is that by late afternoon yesterday he was starting to walk again, he was limping, but at least he was putting weight on his left leg and today he is getting around really well. And that is our drama for the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment