The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Daddy/Daughter Date Morning

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of Shelby and her daddy from today, but today was one of the best days for Shelby. She and her daddy had a date morning. Shelby literally couldn't sleep last night because she was so excited. At 10:00pm she was still wide awake and every time I went in to "check" on her (ie-tell her that she needed to go to sleep) she would ask me to tell her what she was going to do when she woke up. The look on her face each time was priceless!!!

So this morning when she got up she was ready to go. There was a distinct bounce in her step and she even let us get her dressed and ready without a fight which is really becoming unusual. There was no holding her back. She was out the door with daddy in tow. They went to Chik-fil-A for breakfast. This is her new favorite breakfast place. I took her there twice last week on the way to Vacation Bible School and now she is hooked; which of course is fine by me as I have always said that they have the best breakfast in the world...can I get a holler for the chicken biscuit!!!

After they were done with breakfast Shelby and Daddy headed to the library where they laid on the animal pillows and read a few stories.

They were only gone for about an hour and a half, but to her it was an eternity of time. She came bounding into the bathroom when they got home with a great big "surprise" for me and really the best thing was the look on her face. She was truly very happy and I could tell that hour and a half was the best hour and a half she has ever had.

It is going to be fun exploring this new stage with her. I am sure she is plotting her next date with daddy right now!!!

1 comment:

The Usserys said...

Such a cute post. And here's a holler for a chicken biscuit.