The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Friday, July 18, 2008

The Last 16 Days

So, some of you may be wondering what we have been up to the last 16 days....well, here it goes.




4th of July was so much fun! On Wednesday afternoon I loaded up the kiddos and all of our stuff to head to the lakehouse with Papa and Grammie. Shelby and JP had so much fun. Sometimes I just sit back in awe over how much both of the children have changed over the last year and that long weekend was one of them. Last year I was getting up with JP 2-3 times a night at the lakehouse and he couldn't even sit up. I remember one day Grammie trying to give him a bottle because at that point I still was thinking that he would get the hang of it (which he never did!!!!). Shelby didn't like the water at all and really didn't enjoy the boat too much. This year....JP is sleeping through the night (well, most of the time:) and we can't even get Shelby out of the water to eat! She puts on her swim vest and off she goes. About the only thing we can get her out of the water for is a boat ride. Just amazing what a difference a year makes. Anyway, it was a great time of family, fun, sun and of course, what trip to the lake would be complete without food that is bad for you and drinks that are icy cold!

JP helping Papa clean the sticks and shells off of the beach.

Papa showing Shelby how to cast her princess fishing pole.

Grammie and JP cooling off in the lake.

We came home on Saturday and Pratt played in the Player's Amateur the following week. That week went by so fast. On Friday I got to walk most of his round with him and it was such a wonderful time. Thankfully Ellie, our fabulous babysitter, was available and kept Shelby and JP for me. I caught up with Pratt on his 4th hole and followed him until the 16th. It was a beautiful day and just really neat to get to watch Pratt playing a game that he loves almost more than life. I also can't talk about that week without mentioning Rob. If it weren't for him I don't know what Pratt would have done. You know you have a great friend when they carry your golf bag with all it's stuff and walk 18 holes all the while making sure that you are staying hydrated and focused in 95+ degree weather.


Suddenly we are at the end of this week. I can't believe that we are nearly at the end of July!!! This past week we have been extremely busy. Monday was JP's 18 month check up. He did great!!! He weighs 25 lbs (25-50%) and he is 31 3/4 in (25-50%). Everything checked out great. He is hitting all of his milestones and even doing somethings that are a little bit ahead of his time...like putting words together to make short sentences. I just love watching him and listening to him talk!!! Thursday was a visit to the dentist for both kids. Thank goodness Pratt had the day off and was there to help. There is absolutely no way, I mean no way, that we would have ever made it through that whole experience without him. JP went back first and cried and cried and cried. As they were finishing him up Shelby came back and cried and cried and cried. I am sure that the whole office was ready for a mid-day cocktail by the time we left that place. Good news-no cavities!!!! Bad news-we have to repeat in 6 months. Hopefully by then Shelby will be more excited and compliant and JP will have gotten over the trauma of it all.


You may be wondering what we did Tuesday, Wednesday and today...well, it was Vacation Bible School at our church this week so Shelby participated in that and I kept the nursery for all the volunteers' babies. It was so much fun. Let me tell you....VBS has come a long way from what it was back in the day that I went. They had this whole Hawaiian Island theme going and decorated the entire church to match. It was great and the best part was the Shelby asked everyday to go and wants to go back. I told her that it was over because it is only one week, but she didn't really like that answer too much! Thanks to Gina and everyone else who made this week so much fun!!! Everything from the crafts to the snacks couldn't have been more perfect and we can't wait for next year!!!


Well, that about brings us up to date! The countdown is officially on for my Bahamas trip....1 week and 6 days to go!!!

2 comments:

Parker's Mom said...

Kimmy-
You guys are so sweet! What an adorable family you have...
I love the pictures! Hope to see you in August!

The View from Up Here said...

Kim! Your family looks great and so happy! You are truly blessed!
Miss you!
Mere