The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

She is a Smart One

Lately we have been playing the "Let's delay bedtime as long as we can" game with Shelby. Every night you never know what trick she is going to try to pull out of the hat and most nights she just tries to talk and talk and talk....Mom, wait, I have to tell you something. Mom, wait, where is ____? Mom, wait, tell me what we are going to do when I wake up, etc. So it really should have come as no surprise to us this particular night at the Lake house last week when she started her game, but this was one of those moments where you realize that your children are smarter than you give them credit for......


As we were trying to put Shelby to bed, I said good night and went down stairs. A few moments later Pratt came down and asked me to go back up to give her a hug. So back upstairs I went, gave her a hug and told her that I would not be coming back up. She, in an effort to delay going to sleep even longer, asked for daddy to come up again because she had to ask him something. So I sent Pratt up again and he stood in the doorway and asked her what she needed. She then asked him to come closer because she wanted to ask him something to which he replied that he could hear her from where he was. Well, without missing a beat, she mouths the words of what she was going to ask him; of course Pratt couldn't hear her and he had to move closer. Then she spoke up. Too funny!!!!

No comments: