The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Friday, August 8, 2008

Long Night

So, last night...by far one of the longest nights I have had since JP hit the one year mark. Yes, he still isn't sleeping through the night on a regular basis. We will have a few days of glorious sleep for 7 hours straight and then a night like last night. Pratt and I hit the sack around 10:00, by 12:30 I was up for the first go around with JP. Back in bed around 1:00. Up again around 3:15 and never went back to sleep after that. It was crazy!!! What am I to do??? We have already done the whole cry it out thing and I thought that worked, but well, who knows; it is like "they" say, "Every child is different." At about 5:30 I even tried to get JP to lie down with me and that I one of those rules that I really hate to even consider bending a little and that didn't even work. So by 6:00am JP and I made our way upstairs where I kept the lights off and he played in the dark until 6:30. Of course, by the time we got up and made our way to the pool this morning he was passed out in the car. Surprisingly he transferred into the stroller and slept for about 30-45 minutes while we were at the pool. Check out this picture.....

Shelby is really becoming quite the little fish. She spends more time with her face in the water than with it out. Thankfully while I was on my trip Pratt was able to get her to start wearing her goggles and now she loves them!!! She just swims around and looks at the pool floor. One of her favorite things from today was pretending to rescue daddy. He would sink to the bottom and she would jump in, grab his fingers and pull him up to safety. It was so cute to watch!!!

No comments: