The Reed Anytime Review

The Reed Anytime Review

Monday, August 25, 2008

Oh My Heavens

I have definitely fallen off of the blogging wagon. Most days I just can't get those creative juices going to write anything witty and funny to convey what has been going on in our lives; plus, every time I come upstairs I forget the camera.

Anyway, to give you a glimpse of what has been going on. Two weekends ago we went to the lake house because Uncle Jake was in town. We had a blast. Shelby, JP and I shared a room for the first time and I have to say that while the first night was just plain terrible, the second night was wonderful with both children sleeping somewhat peacefully through the night. Shelby slept with only a nightlight (usually she sleeps with the lamp on) and she was very good about being quiet so that JP wouldn't wake up. They also took naps together and that went great. It was wonderful to spend time with Uncle Jake. Shelby was his little shadow and I have the cutest picture of them holding hands in the parking lot (you will have to wait to see that as my camera is downstairs).

Last week we rested up from the weekend at the Lake house. Most of the week was spent hanging around the house and enjoying all the rainy days. It was nice that it rained because then you didn't feel like you "had" to get all those errands done. We had parent orientation at Shelby's school and got to meet her new teacher this year. Micki, a friend of mine since Montessori, and her son, Parker, were in town so we went to Hampton Lake for lunch and sometime on the playground. It was so much fun to catch up and to watch our children who are the age that we were when we first met play together on the playground. It was almost surreal to think that we were that old even though we really aren't that old. Meme had her 60th birthday; which I got to go to a wonderful brunch in her honor without the kiddos and it was so nice!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEME!!! WE LOVE YOU! Then Saturday night we had our annual Practice Tailgate Party. It was a great time.

Shelby and JP are growing up so fast (I know I say that all the time, but it is so true and I just can't get over it.) Today was Shelby's first day of practice school (aka-orientation). She goes all week this week from 8:30 to 11:30. She had a great day today and I could tell that she really enjoyed it!!

A couple of things:
JP is talking like crazy. For the most part you still can't understand what he is saying, but some things are very clear. He loves to tell us when it is raining..."It's raining" is what he says. He runs to the back door, points out and says, "It's raining." Then he runs to the front door and does the same thing. It is so cute.

Funny Shelby story: One day Shelby is probably going to want to kill me for telling this, but Sunday we went to Hampton Lake for lunch. It just wouldn't be a meal if Shelby didn't ask to go potty right when the food arrived, so as soon as the food got there Shelby asked to go potty. While she was going she decided that she needed privacy (a common request when she goes #2). So I put myself in the opposite corner facing the wall and told her that would have to do. Next thing I hear is her staining saying, "Oh my heavens, oh my heavens." (Just for all you out there who think she picked that up from someone in her family, I can assure you that is not the case!!!) After which I heard a little plop followed by "That was a big one!" Oh my gosh!! It took everything in me to not burst out into hysterical laughter.

That is about it, that I can remember right now.

1 comment:

Angelique said...

hahaha...My first thought really was that she picked it up from one of you! Too funny!

I'm glad Shelby had a good day at school. I totally forgot she was starting today or I would have called you.

See you tomorrow :)